Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Bethlehem Water Authority

A while back a Ranger at Beltzville told me that the Bethlehem Water Authority opens up the land surrounding the Wild Creek and Penn Forest reservoirs for hunting. I searched this site for details and found a few posting that state that you have to call the Bethlehem Water Authority to get permission to hunt. Does anyone have more information on this? What number do you call? How do they differentiate between who has permission and who doesn't? Do they add your name to a list or something?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Bethlehem Water Authority

A lot of the land up here where i live is Bethlehem Water Authoritys land,and its part of the SGL 038 and i see lots of guys hunting in there,the signs say no ATVs but nothing about hunting,an interestin question! i am intersted in the correct answer as well, in that same area there is a massive fenced off area with little gates (to let people in but keep out the deer) there is a contact number and it says state forestry service,so i called and asked if i could go in and hunt small game inside the fence? the lady says sure and if you see any deer hunt them as well

(Monroe County)

I've been chewing on this also. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems they allow some access depending on what the land is. I've seen the red no atv tresspass signs that hunting is ok, posted no hunting/access, posted and fenced no access.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

sorry dude been busy. here:

They cracked down a few years ago on "unapproved hunting" I guess but when I called last year and this year they really didn't seem to give a crap... but its better to call anyway

Beth Water Authority land is not SGL, they DO have some in DMAP I believe. They also posted a bunch of their land to No Hunting and have a lot of "recovery" areas where the area is fenced in. Their land also gets hit hard as hell in hunting season... the deer vanish into the developments and the stupid thick crap
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by freddy g View Post
    A lot of the land up here where i live is Bethlehem Water Authoritys land,and its part of the SGL 038 and i see lots of guys hunting in there,the signs say no ATVs but nothing about hunting,an interestin question! i am intersted in the correct answer as well, in that same area there is a massive fenced off area with little gates (to let people in but keep out the deer) there is a contact number and it says state forestry service,so i called and asked if i could go in and hunt small game inside the fence? the lady says sure and if you see any deer hunt them as well
    I'd get that in writing if I were you. All the area up there that is fenced in as recovery areas is clearly marked no hunting
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Delaware County)

hows the predator populations there? im up that area alot always looking for some pred hunting spots.
    Volunteer firefighters, unpaid professionals

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by orangejeep54 View Post
    hows the predator populations there? im up that area alot always looking for some pred hunting spots.
    Hit or miss from what I understand, for the number of animals in the area there should be a lot but finding areas to hunt them is challenging. Most of that area is shit oak and thickets so there is pretty limited clearings

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Hit or miss from what I understand, for the number of animals in the area there should be a lot but finding areas to hunt them is challenging. Most of that area is shit oak and thickets so there is pretty limited clearings
    sounds like my kinda place may have to give them a call and secure permission since ill be up there alot for the next month or so
    Volunteer firefighters, unpaid professionals

(Bucks County)

Found the following on the city of Bethlehem website.

http://www.bethlehem-pa.gov/dept/authority/index.htm

DMAP PROGRAM for 2011

Due to changes in the PA Game Commission's licensing procedures, the Bethlehem Authority will not be handing out DMAP applications this year. To receive a DMAP permit for our property: When purchasing your hunting license, inform the licensing agent/issuer that you would also like to purchase a DMAP permit for Unit #978, which is the Bethlehem Authority's property in Tunkhannock and Tobyhanna Townships, Monroe County. (Bethlehem Authority property in Carbon County is not enrolled in the DMAP program.) If you have any questions, please contact the Bethlehem Authority via email or call the Northeast Region Game Commission office at 570-675-1143.