Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MD anti-gun elite in trouble for CCW violation

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...sm-and-bigotry
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news..._gun_perm.html
    http://charmcitycurrent.com/meister/

As for his lapsed permit, he said: "I was never notified. I think there's an obligation on the part of the state police to notify" permit owners.

It's so funny how a guy who was instrumental in getting MD turned into a restrictive may-issue state is now trying to claim it's not his fault his permit expired. Also he seems to be the typical elitist, as he doesn't seem to be at his 100k/year circuit court job when he should. He should serve his time in jail, after all he helped implement it. But it looks like he'll try to play the race card and claim this doesn't apply to him.

Hat tip to MDShooters.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: MD anti-gun elite in trouble for CCW violation

In PA, the sheriff is required to send out a notice indicating that your permit is about to expire. I think I've received one in the past 15 years. I don't think my wife has received a single one in 10 years.

I don't know if that is true of MD or not. But there's something to be said for personal responsibility. Of course, he's going to try to deflect the blame somewhere else, after all, isn't that the society type we currently live in?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    In PA, the sheriff is required to send out a notice indicating that your permit is about to expire. I think I've received one in the past 15 years. I don't think my wife has received a single one in 10 years.

I don't know if that is true of MD or not. But there's something to be said for personal responsibility. Of course, he's going to try to deflect the blame somewhere else, after all, isn't that the society type we currently live in?
    That's because, like so many laws, they left a loophole in there (at least here in PA) ....

§ 33.114. Application for a Pennsylvania license to carry firearms.

(a) The application for a Pennsylvania license to carry firearms (as defined in section 6102 of the act (relating to definitions)) form, is used to apply for an original/renewal of a Pennsylvania license to carry firearms and shall be uniform throughout this Commonwealth. It shall be on a form prescribed by the State Police. The form shall be 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches in dimension, on plain white paper. The form shall be used by the issuing authority, that is, county sheriff or a chief of police for a city of the first class, to conduct an investigation within 45 days relative to whether the applicant would be precluded from receiving a license under the conditions in the act.
    (b) The application for a Pennsylvania license to carry firearms (as defined in section 6102 of the act) shall be typewritten, computer generated or printed in blue or black ink with a ballpoint pen. Copies shall contain legible impressions. It is the responsibility of the issuing authority to utilize the form as prescribed by the State Police, and ensure it is accurately completed in accordance with the block instructions contained therein. The form shall be retained by the issuing authority for 6 years. (c) At least 60 days prior to the expiration of each license, the issuing sheriff shall send to the licensee an application for a renewal of license. Failure to receive a renewal application does not relieve a licensee from the responsibility to renew the license.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    That's because, like so many laws, they left a loophole in there (at least here in PA) ....

I realize that, which is why I'm always careful to make sure I get renewed on my own. Taking personal responsibility for my own actions, which apparently so many cannot do on their own anymore.

(Delaware County)

I realize that, which is why I'm always careful to make sure I get renewed on my own. Taking personal responsibility for my own actions, which apparently so many cannot do on their own anymore.
    I have a note on my wall calendar, a few times within the renewal period, of the upcoming expiration date.

(Berks County)

You know whats hilarious.

I monitor the Violence Police Centers twitter feed and surprisingly...they havent mentioned this.

They are quick to share other "evil CCW" carriers misdeeds...wonder why they havent shared this one.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    You know whats hilarious.

I monitor the Violence Police Centers twitter feed and surprisingly...they havent mentioned this.

They are quick to share other "evil CCW" carriers misdeeds...wonder why they havent shared this one.

Freudian slip?

(Franklin County)

In PA, the sheriff is required to send out a notice indicating that your permit is about to expire.
    Not quite. 18 Pa.C.S. §6109(f) actually says the sheriff is to send you an application for renewal, not just a notice that your license will soon expire.
    (2) At least 60 days prior to the expiration of each license, the issuing sheriff shall send to the licensee an application for renewal of license. Failure to receive a renewal application shall not relieve a licensee from the responsibility to renew the license.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Not quite. 18 Pa.C.S. §6109(f) actually says the sheriff is to send you an application for renewal, not just a notice that your license will soon expire.
    Then I guess the Lancaster Sheriff IS doing something wrong other than having all them "lost in the mail". The one I did receive was a postcard indicating that my license was soon going to expire.

(Berks County)

Freudian slip?
    Wow how did I miss that HAHA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast