Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default S&W M&P 45 TRIGGER JOB

I was hoping to get some help from you guys about getting a desperately
    needed trigger job done on my m&p .45.I've called and e-mailed Burwell and Bowie weeks ago and haven't gotten so much as a response from either.Is any one aware of another gunsmith to try?This gun is used for self defense so i would rather have a professional do the the job than mess with it myself.Thanks

(Northampton County)

Default Re: S&W M&P 45 TRIGGER JOB

Quote Originally Posted by sprint51 View Post
    needed trigger job done on my m&p .45.I've called and e-mailed Burwell and Bowie weeks ago and haven't gotten so much as a response from either.Is any one aware of another gunsmith to try?This gun is used for self defense so i would rather have a professional do the the job than mess with it myself.Thanks
    That sucks, but from what I've read recently no one can get through to them. (even current customers that haven't seen their gun in weeks or months) Not to mention turn around time has recently been reported to be 3+ months. I'd also like to have my M&P trigger worked over by either of them, but I'm convinced it would end up being more trouble than it's worth. I think I'm going to go the Apex Tactical route myself. They're known for great customer service and the parts are cheaper than the shipping alone to a smith.

(Berks County)

Check into Apex Tactical. My dad I use all Apex parts in all of our M&P Pro's.

http://apextactical.com/index.php

(Chester County)

thanks guys,my other option is to send it to S&W and have them do the work,they offer a pagage specificaly for the M&P,but 140.00 plus shipping(i believe) sounds high.

(Allegheny County)

Just get the Apex parts, they have all the mods that S&W would do done to the parts prior to hardening. I think the only thing missing is some overtravel adjustment that Bowie or someone else does.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprint51 View Post
    Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I can get you fixed right up if you send the gun in next week I can have it back in 1-2 weeks.

Not sure why I didn't get to your email, did you do my online contact form, and did you get the auto response?

I did mine myself, I used the Apex competition enhancement kit in and reset assist mechanism in mine. It turned out well and required the skill set of a age 12 and up lego kit. Also, apex has a video tutorial showing you exactly what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Chester County)

Gordon's in Spring City referred me to JB Beard in Pottstown. A quick search of this site shows some positive reviews of his work. He said he'd install my TruGlow FO tritium sights and do a trigger job (smooth pull, reduce pre and over travel, improve reset "feel", lighten to 4lbs). He quoted me $75 to do the sights and trigger, but said his backload is right around 4 weeks. His number is (610) 705-4867, and he was great on the phone.

I didn't want to be without my M&P for that long and had King Shooters Supply do the sights ($30), and I'll probably go Apex FFS and RAM (when they come out with a RAM for the thumb safety models).

(Cambria County)

I'll speak for Dan and his work.The M&P 45 triggers suck.I had Dan work over my M&P 40 and it's worth it,plus he's from PA and a member to this forum.

(Allegheny County)

I to have been trying to get a DB trigger job on my 45c. I would like to keep the work local and was hoping to get on the schedule before his shooting season starts. this is the only place I have seen Mr. Burwell respond to inquires. I have used his websights e mail on two consecutive weeks and received the automated response but no answer as to how backed up the schedule is.