Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: cz pistols

(Erie County)

Default Re: cz pistols

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Ya might say I'm a fan of CZ pistols.

My CZ-75B-SA in .40 S&W has become my bedside pistol.

Before the fall of the Com-Bloc , grey-market CZ-75 pistols were going for $1000-1500 in the US.
    I personally like the cz-52 alot...its said to be "the most accurate pistol ever made"..alot people may think that's a bit of a faff but I wouldn't be surprised if it is...the longer length 30 mil bottleneck coming out of a roller locked barrel is a recipe for some high level accuracy. The balance is considered "off" most of which is probably because cz was "micromanaged" by Russia. Same reason why this wasn't chambered in 9mm luger like CZ originally wanted.

Alot of cz 83s all over but does anyone have any feedback on the 82 model? 9x18 makarov cartridge...is it simply a larger framed 83 with a larger round? I was interested in a cz82 recently because I enjoyed the lines of a ppk chambered in a slightly larger round

(Northampton County)

The Cz 82 in 9x18 mak is just plain fun to shoot and the ammo it's cheap. Now most of the ones out there from Sog ,J&G's and others run from $209.95 to $249.95 for ones in better condition. remember the rifling is polygonal so when you receive one if you order one don't expect to see rifling in the bore. I will be doing a couple more shortly with some nice wood grips and some different sight set-ups . I will post the pics of them when they are done. I personally like these pistols and even have one for one of my carry pistols. You can still get plenty of repair parts for these . Recoil is snappy, usually I replace the recoil springs in any that I get used. the CZ 82 is one of my personal favorites when it comes to pistols chambered in 9x18. Brian / EFR
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

There is no size diff between the -82 (9mm Mak) and -83 (.380) pistols. In fact , the mags are exactly the same. The -83 does have a firing pin block abd decocker.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Northampton County)

I get a lot of 82 and 83's in for refinishing I have never seen and 82 or 83 model with a decocker and they don't have a firing pin block either. The mags interchangeable. The PCR and 75 compact can be bought with the decock feature. All Cz 82 and 83 models as far as I know only come with a safety. If there is one available with the decock feature I would love to add that to my CZ collection. Brian / EFR cz collector by no means a Cz expert.

(Indiana County)

Closest thing to a CZ in 10mm would be the Tanfoglio Witness.

(Northampton County)

39 flathead you are correct and the match model ,stock I and stock II models in 10 mm are very nice shooters in 10 mm. I want to add either the stock II or match model to my collection. Brian / EFR

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    39 flathead you are correct and the match model ,stock I and stock II models in 10 mm are very nice shooters in 10 mm. I want to add either the stock II or match model to my collection. Brian / EFR
    The Tanfoglio Match is the cats ass and this is from a guy that thinks CZ's are the cats ass.

I have one in satin nickel finish. I love it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuckslayer View Post
    The CZ 75 P-01 is the successor of the CZ 75. I have one and really like it. Has 3.9 in barrel. If you want something bigger the CZ SP-01 has 4.75 , same as CZ 75B.

P-01

SP-01

This is odd ! How can the P-01 be the successor to the 75b if CZ still makes and Market the 75b , in fact still sells more 75b than P-01's? THats odd.Never heard that the 75 were discontinued, i must be slacking off.

Yes the finish is tough and durable, i dont have iot my 75 but i have in my 82 and its tough.

THe CZ and XD are not the same class of weapons though.

(Lancaster County)

They still make CZ75s. I have the new catalog from CZ and it shows them in there. Our distributors for the gun shop where I work, have them in their system too, but currently unavailable. P01 and P06 did not replace the 75s. Different animal all together.

The Witness...one of the best guns I ever owned that was not a CZ. Durable, accurate and an easy carry gun for me. I sold it in 2006 when I went to work in the Philippines and bought a new one when I returned. Don't much care for the new ones with the rail. Would love to get my hands on another pre-rail model in .45.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast