Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4 mill tax hike

Default Re: 4 mill tax hike

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    That's a combo of all local except the 1% earned income. School, township and county.
    My bad, without pulling out the actual they were around 1500 total back then they are about 2400 now.....more like 65%.
    Don't know how you are doing it. We bought our house in 97 and the first years taxes were 1200, this year they were around 3800 so we are up over 300%.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Any permits pulled will trigger a reassessment. The big joke around here was how many people built and because of lack of zoning and zoning officers etc then they were able to pay taxes on vacant lots for years.
    Taxes barely went up till the 88 county wide reassessment. Even then PV held the line for many years after that.
    PV built their first major building in the early 90s which was the middle school and administration building on 115.
    Yup, my class was the first to go through it from 6 - 8th grade. They actually built the school first, then the admin offices 2 years later (when I was in 8th grade). Think they started the first high school expansion project when I was a freshmen and finished when I was a junior. Pretty sure the new elementary school was finished in 97 or 98 and then they did more construction on the highschool while building the new intermediate school
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Vote for Dr. Freeze in 2012 and ease your pain!

Edit: never mind me. Just realized the discussion was regarding state / county taxes.
    Last edited by ForwardAssist; December 30th, 2011 at 11:04 AM.

"X is what percentage of Y?" Divide the first number by the second, multiply the answer by 100. Add a percent sign. Think.

i'm sorry, but im willing to bet we find ron paul as corrupt a politician as the rest.
    in my opinion, he found a niche' and is playing it well.
    "vote for me, i'm not like them!"
    if he were to offer, say, doing the job at a living wage Vs. the typical bloated wage and not feed off the lobbying efforts of big corporations... i might sway my opinion.

but thats for another topic.
    in the last few years, they did build a new school on rt.209 middle smithfield, by regina farms. iirc it's a middle school. don't know who paid for it.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123