Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Cool WINDSOR FISH AND GAME - Sponsors?

Hello All,

Not too long ago (this past summer) I moved to York.

Thus far I've been frequenting Freedom Armory, with just the basic membership, but fees are high, and they only have an indoor range. I have family who lives on the PA/MD line, and they are members of Delta Fish and Game, and while I enjoy my visits to the Delta range, the Windsor range looks much nicer (has more range positions, more upkeep, etc) and more importantly is dramatically closer.

I would like to join the Windsor Fish and Game, however, after review of the membership application, I noticed I need two signatures from existing members.

Anyone on here [still] a member? And willing to sponsor me?

Lifetime NRA, SAF, and GOA Member | PAFOA, FOAC, and MSI Contributor

(York County)

Default Re: WINDSOR FISH AND GAME - Sponsors?

I was a member until last spring when I forgot to send in my membership renewal.

I can tell you that they seem to take the issue of references rather lightly. I know of several folks who simply showed up at one of the meetings and gave a brief introduction of themselves. A couple of the folks there were willing to put themselves down as references, and they were signed up on the spot.

Last I heard, this club was below the maximum number of members. This *may* play a part in their decision to overlook their reference rule a little.

And it is a nice range. Fro the 2 years I was a member I only saw other folks there on 2 occasions. I usually had the place to myself.

Good luck!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(York County)

As a side request: Does anyone have a copy of the by-laws? Some of the rules are mentioned on the website, but no copy of the full rule-listing is to be found. If you happen to have a hard-copy, could you scan me a copy?

I'd truly appreciate it, thanks in advanced!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I can tell you that they seem to take the issue of references rather lightly. I know of several folks who simply showed up at one of the meetings and gave a brief introduction of themselves. A couple of the folks there were willing to put themselves down as references, and they were signed up on the spot.

Last I heard, this club was below the maximum number of members. This *may* play a part in their decision to overlook their reference rule a little.
    Alright, maybe I'll just call them then (I wonder if I'll actually be able to get someone on the phone).

I won't be able to make it to the meeting in December (I teach a few college courses, and we have a final that night), but maybe I can join in January. Speaking of meeting, how strict are the attendance requirements? As an adjunct professor, I teach in the evening, and I typically have class on Mondays and Wednesdays (though this could vary semester-to-semester). While I can certainly make it during the Winter and Summer, for a large portion of Spring and Fall, I may not be able to attend (at least not regularly).

I was a member until last spring when I forgot to send in my membership renewal.

[...snip...]

And it is a nice range. Fro the 2 years I was a member I only saw other folks there on 2 occasions. I usually had the place to myself.
    Any reason you haven't joined back up?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by armatum View Post
    Alright, maybe I'll just call them then (I wonder if I'll actually be able to get someone on the phone).

I won't be able to make it to the meeting in December (I teach a few college courses, and we have a final that night), but maybe I can join in January. Speaking of meeting, how strict are the attendance requirements? As an adjunct professor, I teach in the evening, and I typically have class on Mondays and Wednesdays (though this could vary semester-to-semester). While I can certainly make it during the Winter and Summer, for a large portion of Spring and Fall, I may not be able to attend (at least not regularly).

Any reason you haven't joined back up?

Referencing your 2 questions I bolded, there are no meeting or attendance requirements. I'm guessing you have to be there to get signed up, they seem to like to meet their new members, but nothing other than that. Participation in range upkeep was always voluntary.

I've been working a really crazy schedule at work for the past 2 years or so, and it leaves less time for range activities than I would like. I barely have time to get to the other range. I do intend to renew, but that has been on the back-burner lately.

(York County)

Referencing your 2 questions I bolded, there are no meeting or attendance requirements. I'm guessing you have to be there to get signed up, they seem to like to meet their new members, but nothing other than that. Participation in range upkeep was always voluntary.

I've been working a really crazy schedule at work for the past 2 years or so, and it leaves less time for range activities than I would like. I barely have time to get to the other range. I do intend to renew, but that has been on the back-burner lately.
    Awesome! Thanks for the information.

Let me know when you need that signature...

(York County)

I've bookmarked this thread for when I move into the area from the People's Republic of MD. (50 more days 'til closing!) I'll be about 15 minutes from Windsor Fish and Game, and the idea of a small private range in easy driving distance from home is a very exciting thought.

(York County)

^ And inexpensive! We'll leave the light on for you!

(York County)

^ And inexpensive! We'll leave the light on for you!
    I know, I'm used to spending $18/hr for range time (granted its a fancy indoor range with hi-tech everything). $40 for the first year almost seems like theft.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast