Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Looking for a proper belt

Im looking for a sufficient belt to hold my pants up while carrying and support the weight of my firearm. I'm also looking for pants so for I'm leaning towards the 5.11 Taclite TDU pants. I was wondering if anyone had any input.

Also if this is in the wrong section i apologize.

Default Re: Looking for a proper belt

I personally like the Aker B21. It's leather, low profile, and well reinforced at a good price.

Only buy 5.11 pants if you want everyone to know you have a gun. A pair of Levi's is fine

(Philadelphia County)

I noticed recently that a lot of my pants were....um, snug. I did some searching through the reasonably priced offerings and ended up getting Old Navy cargo pants(loose fit). They're comfy, practical and best of all inexpensive. I'm not an "operator", just a guy who needs more than a couple pockets.

A few years ago I bit the bullet and spent the money on a proper gunbelt from A&G Custom Gunleather. It was the best money I spent (about $60). I'm currently waiting for my third one to arrive. I wear these belts every single day whether I'm carrying or not. There are other great beltmakers out there as well but I only have experience with this one. The Beltman has a huge following on the forums.

Regardless which beltmaker you choose, a good, strong gun belt makes carrying a lot more comfortable.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Im looking for a sufficient belt to hold my pants up while carrying and support the weight of my firearm. I'm also looking for pants so for I'm leaning towards the 5.11 Taclite TDU pants. I was wondering if anyone had any input.

I have a pair of the Taclite pants and really like them. Check out LA Police Gear - they're giving away a free color-matched 5.11 TDU belt with every pair. That would be a good gun belt belt for you. Also, one nice thing about LAPoliceGear is free shipping both ways, so if you don't like the pants, return them for free.

My favorite tactical pants by far are from Vertx. I like the layout of the pockets, they're comfortable, and they look more like chinos than tactical pants. I'm an engineer, and I wear them in the office - they look fairly business casual.

Hope that helps.

There are a number of different amish made belts that are cheaper yet still of very thick and strong leather.

I think mine was $30 from french creek outfitters in phoenixville

just google amish belts online and you'll find some.

I don't know why one would need special pants to carry a firearm.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by vicious View Post
    I personally like the Aker B21. It's leather, low profile, and well reinforced at a good price.

Only buy 5.11 pants if you want everyone to know you have a gun. A pair of Levi's is fine
    The Taclite pants aren't flaming tactical; they look more like hiking or cargo pants than military wear. Personally, I'm wearing Levi's less and less; it's harder to carry a knife, and if I'm pocket carrying, the front pockets are too small for my Kahr. The challenge is to find nice pants that get the job done but don't look all G.I. Joe.

Also, nothing wrong with wearing clothes that say you might be carrying a gun. Who's the BG going to mug - the guy with the 5.11 pants, or the schlub with track pants?

(Allegheny County)

I just sent for a Beltman belt with the Velcro on the back. Damn near $100.00. But, I'm worth it.
    NRA Life Member-NRA Range Safety Officer

(Dauphin County)

One of the reasons I was considering the 5.11s is cause driving a tow truck I'm constantly kneeling down, crawling/sliding on the groud and I'd like something to hold up to that kind of abuse while staying comfortable

(Lackawanna County)

My boyfriend has one from Gibson Gunleather. He loves it.

http://www.gibsongunleather.com/

(York County)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast