Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun Belts

Default Re: Gun Belts

No contest between a real gun belt and other belts. A good gun belt is 1/4 inch thick and made of two strong pieces of leather sewn together. This belt will give you maximum support for any gear you wish to carry. Spend a few bucks and get a really good gun belt, it will last for a long time.

I recommend www.abetterbeltusa.com for some great belts.

(Chester County)

I have a 1.5" black horsehide belt from thebeltman.net. I love it and it supports my weapon and other gear. No matter who anyone chooses to go with, don't listen to anybody who says a belt from JC Penney, Walmart, etc. is just as good as a custom made gun belt. I had my doubts in the beginning too until I finally got mine and what a world of difference!

(Beaver County)

This thread is super old and thought I would add I like hanks for the hole type system and kore for ratchet style system

(Chester County)

If you carry a gun, get a good belt. I've carried a full-sized Sig 9mm with extra magazine, small flashlight and Leatherman multitool for 15 years. The first 3 years I just bought regular leather belts which got worn out in less than a year. I did some research online and found Ted Blocker Holsters. They made a double-layer leather belt with a steel insert. I bought one 12 years ago and I have worn the same belt and the same gear everyday since. I use the "H" style in 1.5" width. Back then I paid $85. I just checked their website and the price is now $132 and worth every penny. It holds the weight comfortably without sagging. If your carry rig isn't comfortable, you won't carry your gun. The best investment you can make in your accessories is a good holster (Cross Breed) and a good gun belt. Get the training and always carry. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world is and remains immortal.- Albert Pines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123