Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Another gets railroaded by NJ gun laws

never take guns to or through jersey. they just love jacking up people from the free states.

(Lehigh County)

So how many of you live in PA and traveled to visit family in NJ this Thanksgiving and had to leave your firearms at home? ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm88000 View Post
    So how many of you live in PA and traveled to visit family in NJ this Thanksgiving and had to leave your firearms at home? ME!
    You need to get a new family... that lives in PA.

LOL!

(Monroe County)

Not me this week end............but i do it every day going to work!
    it's funny where you need to CC the most is where you can't.

(Berks County)

Yep, me too.

(Pike County)

Question, if you moved to another state and had no choice but to transport across unfriendly firearm states could you have a local firearm dealer transport your firearms, ammo and accessories for you via a transfer to a firearm dealer in the state you're moving to? I assume if they offer such a service it must cost a mint, especially for a large collection.
    Last edited by LifeInPa; November 25th, 2011 at 02:00 PM.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Question, if you moved to another state and had no choice but to transport across unfriendly firearm states could you have a local firearm dealer transport your firearms, ammo and accessories for you via a transfer to a firearm dealer in the state you're moving to? I assume if they offer such a service it must cost a mint, especially for a large collection.
    You can simply ship long guns to yourself, even via USPS. Theoretically you could ship a handgun to yourself via UPS or FedEx air, but I've never heard of anyone who's actually found them willing to do that. My choice would be to transport in strict adherence to FOPA and to ship anything else that may not be covered like those evil "high capacity" mags or guns that are likely to get their panties in a wad like evil black rifles. And of course spend as little time as possible in those states and give them no reason to give you a second look.

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    People always talk about how one is not allowed to stop. I had to travel through IL last summer with a few firearms. In both my research and my conversation with police in the state of IL, I could not find anywhere where stopping was prohibited. In fact, the officer with whom I spoke told me stopping and even staying was not a problem.

Now, if I were in hostile territory, I would not be sleeping in my vehicle next to a bank, and I would not have loaded guns. For that matter, I would not have even driven into NJ. I would have gone completely around it. In fact, I do that anyway whenever possible, even when I am traveling unarmed, since it is such a lousy place to be. This guy may or may not have broken the laws, but one thing is for sure. One can make money betting that the NJ police will break the laws given the opportunity.
    The difference in your case with IL is that IL state law allows you to transport guns all you want within their state. I too transported throughout IL this past summer and stayed overnight. While doing that you are relying on state law to transport legally, not FOPA. In this man's case he is trying to claim FOPA protection (because state law doesn't allow him to transport) which is hard to do when he is stopping within the state to sleep and not merely passing through.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I heard about this recently from a coworker. It frustrates me to think that Dustin actually thought he was safe traveling through New Jersey. I get pulled over occasionally coming home from work late at night, for what I assume is my Pennsylvania license plate and being one of the few drivers on the road at 1:00am, and that is nothing compared to this story. What is worse is that in these types of situations, law enforcement will throw as many charges against the person and see what "sticks," especially when one does not agree to their "plea bargain." Throw in New Jersey's vague and ambiguous laws that are basically up to the interpretation and opinion of law enforcement and the judical system and any chance of being found innocent is basically gone. This is just one reason why liberal judges are dangerous, let alone the vague laws left up to the interpretatin of anybody in a judge's robe. I regret not having the citation, but I read a statement from either the curent, or recent state attorney general, and it was just full of anti-gun ideology. It is hard to get real constitutional change when the mindset of a state government is so anti-gun. Remember...Christie is a moderate at best, having only commuted the sentence of Brian Aitken. On an optimistic note, I will say that If Wisconsin can do it, Then New Jersey can do it too, but the sheeple have to want the change.

I am assuming that an AR-15 is not legal in New Jersey in any circumstance.

Yes, it stinks to have to tolerate New Jersey in such an safe and paranoid manner, but their laws can ruin a person. It's hard to believe that in the same country what is legal on one side of a river can get you 5+ years in prison on the other side.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Montgomery County)

You can stop to sleep on the federal law. Imnal

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast