Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Lebanon Gun Show - Eagle Arms Production

I tried to buy two guns today and neither dealer had any interest in budging on their obnoxiously overblown prices. One dealer, whom I've bought several guns from before, got downright rude at the mere suggestion of a cut in price on a pistol he was selling. In the past I've dealt with his partner and had no issues. I would try to haggle, sometimes he said yes, other times no. This other guy all but told me to go fuck myself - but in a nice way. Then proceeded to ignore me. I was actually going buy the gun at their asking price until he started with his bullshit. Done. No more business for them.

Last year I decided I was done with gun shows after a similar experience and I stayed away. I should have stuck to my guns (pun intended) and gone to Tanner's instead. Not that anyone cares, but I'm officially done with gun shows. There's never anything there that I can't find elsewhere either cheaper and/or with less hassles (and in the case of online shopping the only farts I need to worry about are my own). I'm tired of the same guys selling the EXACT same guns whining about "How come nobody ever wants to buy my stuff?"

Gee, I wonder...

Last edited by Ronin; January 14th, 2012 at 06:31 PM.

One more thing since I feel like ranting...

What is with all the shitty knives at these shows? Do people seriously think they're getting a deal buying some multicolored, skull-headed, monstrosity for $5 or $10? Dozens of tables of crap. I tried to find someone selling some decent, name brand knives, and there were like two tables and it was mostly Benchmade.

/rant

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    One more thing since I feel like ranting...

What is with all the shitty knives at these shows? Do people seriously think they're getting a deal buying some multicolored, skull-headed, monstrosity for $5 or $10? Dozens of tables of crap. I tried to find someone selling some decent, name brand knives, and there were like two tables and it was mostly Benchmade.

/rant
    There's profit to be made on "awesome looking" knives.
    I look right past those cool looking Chinese made knives because I know they're junk. I also look past most of the good quality new production knives because I can't justify spending that much on another knife. (I already have several good ones). I do spend some time looking at used knives, there is a lot of value to be found in some of the older Schrade, Case, Queen, Buck, Normark and others that are so often overlooked because they aren't new or "awesome looking". You usually have to get there early to find those deals though.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Sounds like some good feedback from you all. I'll be heading there tomorrow for sure. Going to try to sell/trade my Sig 226 Elite (Rosewood handles). Only 30 rounds through it.

Hoping to find a decent deal on an O/U 12 gauge.

I think we should have a "wall of shame" for gun show dealers and the "good Guys" dealers

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I tried to buy two guns today and neither dealer had any interest in budging on their obnoxiously overblown prices. One dealer, whom I've bought several guns from before, got downright rude at the mere suggestion of a cut in price on a pistol he was selling. In the past I've dealt with his partner and had no issues. I would try to haggle, sometimes he said yes, other times no. This other guy all but told me to go fuck myself - but in a nice way. Then proceeded to ignore me. I was actually going buy the gun at their asking price until he started with his bullshit. Done. No more business for them.

Last year I decided I was done with gun shows after a similar experience and I stayed away. I should have stuck to my guns (pun intended) and gone to Tanner's instead. Not that anyone cares, but I'm officially done with gun shows. There's never anything there that I can't find elsewhere either cheaper and/or with less hassles (and in the case of online shopping the only farts I need to worry about are my own). I'm tired of the same guys selling the EXACT same guns whining about "How come nobody ever wants to buy my stuff?"

Gee, I wonder...

I saw a milled Mak91 AK for $1,599 at the show

Quote Originally Posted by InfoSecGeek View Post
    Didn't find any Arsenal AK's... saw one WASR and a bunch of ATI GSG "AK-47's" (.22lr)

Aside from the fact that I didn't find the one item I was looking for, it seemed like there were some pretty good deals to be found (some tables were overpriced of course, but that was expected).

Anyway, I'll go back tomorrow and take a final look around.

(Lancaster County)

I was there this afternoon w/ my son. Polite crowd and decent width isles at this show - after the holidays I do not want to fight crowds. Huge selection of Mosin Nagant rifles/pistols - Finn and Russian rifles. Most rifles ranged from $80-$120, with the hex receivers a but more at $129. I saw one Russian M44 for $229. Mosin revolvers were $120-129. Garand prices all over the place $650-950 for what looked like the same gun up to $2K range for mint versions. Oddly, all the WWII "original" rifles I saw seemed to have post war rear sights. Lovely F/A MG42, $32K as I recall. Almost nothing in collector vehicle mount stuff - just an ammo tray in the room/building nearest the front road for $100 - seemed a bit pricey to me vs. Aberdeen/Carl Ripkin Stadium military vehicle show, but then again, it was the only one. I didn't see any .50 BMG stuff beside cartridges and cleaning tools/supplies. Nice selection of antique and repro percussion rifles and pistols and some flintlocks.

Many vendors were selling the same stuff - so you could shop well, especially new firearms. Very little WWII field gear - all with up to date pricing ($$$). ($40 web belts/$45 canteen set ect)

I liked this show.

BTW: I heard the chili was good - never found out. They ran out by 3pm. - Today? It was great!!!

I will be back tomorrow to pick up an order. I have an extra used ANM2 .50 BMG barrel with stellite lining and .303 British ammo for sale that I could bring along. See classifieds if interested.
    Last edited by KMAG; January 15th, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
    Why do people fearing guns call persons with guns (cops) when threatened?

(Lancaster County)

It looks like I have to go today. I wasn't sure but after reading the reviews it looks like Sunday entertainment that I shouldn't miss.

(Lebanon County)

On my way out for day two in a few minutes, I hope it isn't as crowded as yesterday.
    Don't get me wrong, the crowd is good for the promoters and vendors but yesterday was just a bit too much for me.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Somerset County)

I got there about 10:30 this morning, the parking lot was fairly full but spots could be found without too much trouble. Lots of folks but not jammed, easy enough to walk the aisles and look. I did see a few Savage 99's but nothing that tripped my trigger. And a couple of Ruger No. 1's that tripped my trigger but too many $$ for me today

Bought some Remington 380 ammo for $14/box, dies for the 380 and a pound of Reloder 17.

I overheard the reloading guy talking to someone, he sounded pretty pleased.

Dale

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast