Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Pennsylvania and Maine have signed a Reciprocity Agreement

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania and Maine have signed a Reciprocity Agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-online View Post
    Nice find!
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

Well, that saves me 115 bucks.....

(Dauphin County)

Resident licenses only (therefore no PA residents with Maine licenses valid) and specifically excludes SBSes and SBRs as would fall under the definition of 'firearm' here but perhaps not under Maine's definition of 'handgun'. What a bunk agreement. Perhaps 6106(b)(15) could rectify that as long as you can find AG certification that the laws of the states were concluded to be similar.

(Allegheny County)

That's OK. I'll take it.
    NRA Life Member-NRA Range Safety Officer

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    Resident licenses only (therefore no PA residents with Maine licenses valid) and specifically excludes SBSes and SBRs as would fall under the definition of 'firearm' here but perhaps not under Maine's definition of 'handgun'. What a bunk agreement. Perhaps 6106(b)(15) could rectify that as long as you can find AG certification that the laws of the states were concluded to be similar.
    PA's own law would supersede that language for Maine licensees carrying in PA - they could carry "firearms" while in PA. But PA licensees would of course have to follow Maine law, which is handgun only.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    Wrong. Maine only reconizes a license or permit from the state of residence of the holder within Maine, although they do issue non-resident licenses I would hope they themselves honor, however a Maine license is valid here in PA according to the PA AG:

Note: It has come to the attention of the Office of Attorney General that there has been confusion over the applicability of Pennsylvania's reciprocal privileges with regard to the residency status of an individual who has been issued a valid license/permit. It is the position of the Office of Attorney General that recognition within Pennsylvania is based on the issuance to an individual of a valid license/permit by the reciprocal contracting state, and not on the license/permit holder's place of residence.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Wrong. Maine only reconizes a license or permit from the state of residence of the holder within Maine, although they do issue non-resident licenses I would hope they themselves honor, however a Maine license is valid here in PA according to the PA AG:[/FONT.
    So Robert Mulle, knowing the content of the AG's reciprocity website which existed prior to the agreement with Maine, and knowing that the words to which he agreed to simply DID NOT COUNT, agreed to those words? (Why not just write those terms clearly? Or was it designed to defraud one or both of the parties into a straw reciprocity?) Is that how I'm suppose to read phrases like "resident license/permit" in section II(1)? After all, that's what section II(10) is there for, right? This agreement simply does not read in the same fashion as those with Utah and New Hampshire. While public officials might try to pidgeonhole wording in THOSE agreements into some dastardly idea that PA residents can't use those licenses of reciprocity in PA, that's what the agreement with Maine actually states, unless the terms as agreed to are not completely valid.

(Philadelphia County)

That's GREAT news. How come we just heard about it just now? It's been 17 days since signing.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPM View Post
    Well, that saves me 115 bucks.....
    $115? ME permit fee is $60 for non-resident applicants..

Guess now there's no reason for me to mail that application.

Handgunlaw is already updated. Those guys are awesome.
    Last edited by mrjam2jab; November 19th, 2011 at 12:05 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast