Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Value Question for Model 31 and Model 37

Disclaimer - Neither of these are for sale. Just trying to get some kind of feel for value.

Last year, I inherited a Remington Model 31 20 Gauge and a Ithaca Model 37 featherweight 12 Gauge. I already own several firearms, but am new to the shotgun world. I have taken them both out to the range and love them. I dont intend to sell them, but Im interested in getting a ballpark number for each. I know it will depend on condition, but I can tell you that both function flawlesslly and they both are pretty clean. They have some normal wear and tear, but overall they look really good. Any help or reaction would be nice. Thanks.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Value Question for Model 31 and Model 37

The remington I don't know enough to say.

The Ithaca depends on the year. Model 37' started being produced by Ithaca in 1937 with a few breaks here and there. When I got mine 10 years ago with the 26" sporting barrel it ran about $550 brand new, some of their models were running in the $800-1000 range but that was mostly double barrel models. You should be able to check the age with the serial # and get an idea as to the year, if it's in good condition I don't see why it would loose any value and I'd cross reference it with the online "stores".