Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Default Thank you for election support

Thanks to all for your support in my bid for re election for another 4 years. Support was overwhelming! Did not expect the ugly politics. My new term will be my last as I see it right now. Two terms is enough. Again, a sincere thank you to the voters and backers in the county. As always my door is always open.
    Sheriff Charwin Reichelderfer

(Bedford County)

Default Re: Thank you for election support

With this election, I am curious on your opinions on open carry. For example at the "Hot summer nights" in Bedford this summer; there were a fair amount of police officers on duty due to the large amounts of people and the presence of alcohol. If one were to open carry to such an event how would those officers be trained to react and respond?

(Jefferson County)

Congrats!!

One of our members, and resident of your county, just had a problem with the PSP harassing him for openly carrying. Sounds like the PSP troopers took his license and are going to bring it to you to get it "straightened out." Is there any way you can "straighten out" the PSP troopers when they appear, seeing how you are the highest law enforcement officer in the county?

See this thread. http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...-happened.html
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Congrats!!

One of our members, and resident of your county, just had a problem with the PSP harassing him for openly carrying. Sounds like the PSP troopers took his license and are going to bring it to you to get it "straightened out." Is there any way you can "straighten out" the PSP troopers when they appear, seeing how you are the highest law enforcement officer in the county?

See this thread. http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...-happened.html
    Subscribed!

Sheriff, it would be great if you could educate these officers and assist in ensuring that they get some "more" MPOETC training on Open Carry. Obviously they missed it or ignored it.

This was more than a misunderstanding in my opinion. It was flat out ignorance of the law and his rights.

Congrats and thanks!
    Last edited by BimmerJon; November 9th, 2011 at 10:41 PM.

(Bedford County)

The last Hot summer nites were patroled heavily because of problems of a few. I had a crew there to assist at entrances so there would not be any liquor code violations on the temp liquor license. Open carry... my people are versed on open carry, they know what to do....nothing! I cannot speak for other agencies. I advise anyone to contact their agencies direct to find out about their policies.It came up on the individual carrying reported here. My office was not involved except the LTC was taken and also the individual was advised to see me as I had a problem not finding the LTC in system. Found problem and fixed same, the gentleman was very understanding and we had a good conversation. I apoligized and card was returned immediately as I went in early to remedy the situation so he didn't have to wait when he arrived. My problem,MY FAULT, it's My office. Additionally there was a training guide for police that I had several years ago on open carry/LTC encounters. I put it away so I wouldn't lose it. I put it away so well that I lost it! Anyone who knows what I am talking about advise where I can get a copy.
    Sheriff Reichelderfer

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by reich View Post
    . Additionally there was a training guide for police that I had several years ago on open carry/LTC encounters. I put it away so I wouldn't lose it. I put it away so well that I lost it! Anyone who knows what I am talking about advise where I can get a copy.
    Sheriff Reichelderfer
    Here you go- http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Additionally there was a training guide for police that I had several years ago on open carry/LTC encounters. I put it away so I wouldn't lose it. I put it away so well that I lost it! Anyone who knows what I am talking about advise where I can get a copy.
    Sheriff Reichelderfer
    Perhaps this???

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...html#post68627

(Bedford County)

The last Hot summer nites were patroled heavily because of problems of a few. I had a crew there to assist at entrances so there would not be any liquor code violations on the temp liquor license. Open carry... my people are versed on open carry, they know what to do....nothing! I cannot speak for other agencies. I advise anyone to contact their agencies direct to find out about their policies.It came up on the individual carrying reported here. My office was not involved except the LTC was taken and also the individual was advised to see me as I had a problem not finding the LTC in system. Found problem and fixed same, the gentleman was very understanding and we had a good conversation. I apoligized and card was returned immediately as I went in early to remedy the situation so he didn't have to wait when he arrived. My problem,MY FAULT, it's My office. Additionally there was a training guide for police that I had several years ago on open carry/LTC encounters. I put it away so I wouldn't lose it. I put it away so well that I lost it! Anyone who knows what I am talking about advise where I can get a copy.
    Sheriff Reichelderfer

I can respect that answer, and I have no issue with you guys having a presence there. Props to you and your men.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Sheriff Reichelderfer
    Glad you straightened it out for the guy, but a big problem is that the PSP had no authority to take the license and I hope you told them as much. According to PA Law only you have the authority to do that.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Luzerne County)

Thanks to all for your support in my bid for re election for another 4 years.
    Sheriff Charwin Reichelderfer
    Now if all of the Sheriff's did their job as well, what a State this would be. Congratulations on your re-election.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast