Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default There's a new Sheriff in town....

Glad he won it. I know him, a great guy, and a Constitutionalist. I feel much more comfortable with him than his democrat opponent, who obviously had a much larger campaign fund to try to buy the election. Pretty common practice with all the crony democrat nepotism here for the last 60 years or so.

It is now official results since this news story came out, all 306 precincts results are in. Held won with 51%

The last time I saw Jon Held at a local Tea Party here, I was OC a full size 1911. My wife and I talked to him for a couple minutes, he just looked at my 1911 and smiled. The only thing I remember him saying about it was something like "That's a heavy one!"

Congratulations to Sheriff Held!

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_766337.html
    ================================================== ========

Held emerges as victor in county sheriff's race

By Paul Peirce, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011
    Last updated: 9:29 am

Republican Jon Held was selected by Westmoreland County voters on Tuesday as its first new sheriff in 12 years.

Held, 37, a Unity constable, was the apparent victor over Democrat Al Lonzo, 57, a businessman from Penn Township. Held won 51 percent of the vote, according to unofficial totals from 298 of 306 precincts.

Held said he was the only candidate with real experience in law enforcement, citing his 15-year career serving warrants and protection from abuse orders, transporting prisoners and other duties.

Lonzo, president of AGL Enterprises, a construction company based in Wall, ran on his business background and 10 years of experience as commander of the county sheriff's department deputy reserve unit.

Last night at his campaign headquarters at Teddy's in North Huntingdon, Held credited "hard work" for his "hard-fought" victory.

"We put out a lot of grassroots effort, going door to door, attending gun bashes, cash bashes, just getting out there and meeting people. It appears to have paid off," Held said.

Held holds a bachelor's degree in molecular biology from the University of Pittsburgh. He and his wife, Melissa, have three children.

He has pledged to be a full-time sheriff, a position that pays $62,153 a year.

Longtime sheriff Chris Scherer was elected as a judge to the county bench. Acting Sheriff Charles Moore decided to run for a district judge seat in Scottdale.

================================================== =======================================

More links regarding Westmoreland County election results:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_766343.html

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_766347.html
    Last edited by Irwin Inhabitant; November 9th, 2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Links
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: There's a new Sheriff in town....

FOAC and myself were helping Held get elected. i gave him Info on Lonzo that would discredit Lonzo as being pro-gun. Lonzo once tried to have me arrested for OC while he was acting as a reserve Deputy and then again a second time got into a heated debate at an FOAC meeting on OC/CC where he came out and said the OC has a place and time and in todays soceity there is no place and no time for it.

after that Lonzo said he would revoke my LTCF if elected.

Congrats to Jon Held!!! Glad you won
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Westmoreland County)

Yeah, Lonzo seems to be very popular only in the immediate Penn-Trafford area where is is from, and where I have lived for the past 11 years (I still have an Irwin address and phone #).

I see from your info that we are almost neighbors, I am in the north Paintertown/Level Green area. I checked the election results here and in my small ward/precinct voting results, Lonzo did win 222-196.

His whole campaign just seemed to be about littering the entire area with signs, and plastering posters of his face in all the local businesses.
    So obviously he got the straight democrat voters who don't know any better, and don't consider the importance of the sheriff's duties.

The majority of people in this area seem to think the only thing the sheriffs do is to post sherrif's sale and property leins.

I don't know Lonzo personally like I know Held, but did meet him once. Lonzo just gave me the creeps, just a gut turning instinct that he was in the race only as a power trip stepping stone to another corrupt democrat held political office.. Not at all concerned about 2A rights.

I have attended some Western Westmoreland 9-12 group meetings, and Jon Held speaks like a true patriot. Again I congratulate Sheriff Held. We should pray for his sucess.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Allegheny County)

i'm closer to you than you think, right off of Pleasant Valley road in Boxcartown.

yea, Lonzo was only in it for his political gain and nothing more.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Westmoreland County)

I quit the reserve dept after Mr Lonzo was given the reigns by Chris Shear. I met him at a reserve meeting. He was arrogant with zero personality. I could tell then that he was in this for himself only. For the reserve deputies, we did it for the community.

BTW, I am over by the swim club off N Hills Rd. I shoot at Murrysville gun club.
    Captain

(Westmoreland County)

Nice to know I'm not the only member here from Level-Green.

Is Level-Green a township or borough...or ?

(Allegheny County)

Level green is a section of penn township.