Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Montco $25 Local Police Check

A family member who is getting a permit found out that not only do you need to get a local police check, but you have to wait two weeks for it and pay $25 in addition to the regular fee. I was just wondering how can Montco charge the additional fee? Also how is the local police check allowed, I thought they all had to use the same basic form even if time varied in granting or denying it.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Montco $25 Local Police Check

They do.

20 bucks is all you pay
    Decision made within 45 days
    No responsibility to fill out police check card

People can either stand up for themselves and put the Sheriff in his place
    or obey his illegal policies

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gfanikf View Post
    A family member who is getting a permit found out that not only do you need to get a local police check, but you have to wait two weeks for it and pay $25 in addition to the regular fee. I was just wondering how can Montco charge the additional fee? Also how is the local police check allowed, I thought they all had to use the same basic form even if time varied in granting or denying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    They do.

20 bucks is all you pay
    Decision made within 45 days
    No responsibility to fill out police check card

People can either stand up for themselves and put the Sheriff in his place
    or obey [his now] her illegal policies

Already being covered here: http://forum.pafoa.org/montgomery-15...-dept-sux.html

But, IF your family member is being charged ANYTHING for the police check card, please PM me (with town/township info if possible)!
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Already being covered here: http://forum.pafoa.org/montgomery-15...-dept-sux.html

But, IF your family member is being charged ANYTHING for the police check card, please PM me (with town/township info if possible)!
    -JD-, the problem is actually this:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...nd-checks.html
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    -JD-, the problem is actually this:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...nd-checks.html
    Missed that one.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Dauphin County)

If no Montgomery County resident is willing to stand up to the unlawful acts of the sheriff for fear of not having a PA license, by doing nothing for application than what the law specifies, please take the time to seek out new MontCo residents who have an LTCF issued by another county. They are more likely safe than the people with no LTCF who have so much fear stricken into their hearts, and can afford to make a lawful application for the LTCF, and either alone or with a lawyer as they see fit, appeal a refusal to receive, process, or issue an LTCF. I don't see a bar to their receiving and holding a license from two counties (although sometimes sheriffs, and perhaps the PSP, probably does). If you're not going to do the legwork in the system, please spend effort doing the legwork to find people who will.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    I don't see a bar to their receiving and holding a license from two counties (although sometimes sheriffs, and perhaps the PSP, probably does).
    Isn't it based on residence? I mean wouldn't everyone from Philly just go to Bucks then if it wasn't residency based?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    ...please take the time to seek out new MontCo residents who have an LTCF issued by another county.
    Isn't it based on residence? I mean wouldn't everyone from Philly just go to Bucks then if it wasn't residency based?
    I gather he's encouraging (or encouraging others to encourage) current valid LTCF holders who move into MontCo to apply for a new LTCF there substantially before the old one expires, but to demand that the MontCo sheriff follow the UFA-mandated procedure. The old license would still be valid for its original 5-year period unless lawfully revoked, despite the holder having moved.

Query: is there anything (in the law or as a practical matter) which prevents or prohibits a person from simultaneously holding two valid LTCFs?
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Chester County)

If you do take the time to read, he really did say NEW residences to the county, who are currently holding licenses from the counties that they moved from, previously.

(Bucks County)

Some people could have moved. I live in Bucks, but have a LTCF issued by Montgomery.

ETA: Whoops, looks like that was covered by the previous two posters.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast