Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: SW Butler Co. Area Ranges

Quote Originally Posted by bigredxlt View Post
    If you dont mind making the drive up to East Butler the Butler City Hunting and Fishing Club is great. They have great facilities both indoor and outdoor, rifle, pistol, and trap. The place is tucked back a half mile down a back road has three ponds and is usually dead. I shoot there once or twice a week and I usually have the whole club to myself, its awesome.

I believe the pistol range is out to 50 yards and the rifle range is out to either 200 or 250 yards. Both are sheltered and the rifle range has a ton of nice carpeted benches to shoot from. Its pretty cheap if I remember correctly. First time payment of $50 for intiation and dues and then it drops off to $35 a year after that.

Check it out: http://bchfclub.org/index.html
    Thanks, I might have to check into it a little more.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    Re the Butler range on 2nd Street East Butler, is it true you cannot have more than 10 rounds total?

Also regarding the indoor range, is it lead only or fmj? what is the max calibre?
    10 rounds total, but thats a pretty loosely upheld rule. When I am up on the rifle range I hear guys throwing well over 10 downrage in rapid succession, and when you are there all by yourself which is most of the time all thats important is for you to be safe and not ruin the targets.

As for the indoor range I read all the rules at some point and I do not remember anything about fmj vs lead only, and I remember something about no magnums allowed and no crossbows. thats about all I remember.

(Allegheny County)

Well that crosses us off as we have 2 - 357 magnum revolvers we carry and shoot to keep current although we mostly shoot 38sp out of them for ease. I am trying to find a range for Nov-Apr or so as i want to keep up and its just too cold for my fingers in the winter to enjoy myself and shoot properly.

If any other suggestions of a range, i am open. some here near Gibsonia wont work only because some ranges need a 4wheel drive to get up some of the difficult hills and thru deep snow so i need a small car friendly range for winter time.

(Butler County)

SUMMIT TOWNSHIP SPORTSMANS CLUB with indoor handgun (no FMJ/JHP - lead only) and indoor archery range. The outdoor range has 25 through 200 Yard lanes ... I THINK they do some combat shooting too. They have two trap ranges with new, voice activated target releases, a small fishing pond and and oudoor archery range. They have a very nice hall that members/non-members can rent ($350) and other amenities.

The indoor handgun range is available Weds evenings, and starting the last week of Feb and into March, they have a Ham/Turkey shoot or Poker shoot. Friendly bunch of people too.

www.stsclub.org is their new website with all the info you'll need - member application, prices and such.

The range allows AR's and 30 rd mags are fine, and when the range isn't crowded, 7 yard is okay on the 25 yard lanes.
    Bill, South Butler

Quote Originally Posted by mbc314 View Post
    SUMMIT TOWNSHIP SPORTSMANS CLUB with indoor handgun (no FMJ/JHP - lead only) and indoor archery range. The outdoor range has 25 through 200 Yard lanes ... I THINK they do some combat shooting too. They have two trap ranges with new, voice activated target releases, a small fishing pond and and oudoor archery range. They have a very nice hall that members/non-members can rent ($350) and other amenities.

The indoor handgun range is available Weds evenings, and starting the last week of Feb and into March, they have a Ham/Turkey shoot or Poker shoot. Friendly bunch of people too.

www.stsclub.org is their new website with all the info you'll need - member application, prices and such.

The range allows AR's and 30 rd mags are fine, and when the range isn't crowded, 7 yard is okay on the 25 yard lanes.
    mbc, sent you an IM. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12