Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default I think this guy needs some 'education'

This was a guest column in the Daily Collegian (PSU's newspaper).

For my own sanity, can someone other than myself please EDUCATE this terribly informed kid? Not only does he use the "wild west" argument against CC, but he calls the LTCF a Permit.... Damn fool.

His name is Steven Marsh and his email is: sfm5089@psu.edu

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive...ossession.aspx

(York County)

Default Re: I think this guy needs some 'education'

Last edited by Curmudgeon; November 6th, 2011 at 11:31 PM.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Centre County)

Read the article on Friday when I got to class... It's been a really busy weekend and it's been that annoying little pain in the back of my head.... I had to post something... I'm already in the works of writing a response to his idiocy...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Read the article on Friday when I got to class... It's been a really busy weekend and it's been that annoying little pain in the back of my head.... I had to post something... I'm already in the works of writing a response to his idiocy...

Make sure you check out UncleJumbo's post in the link I posted.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lehigh County)

The weapon used in the shooting was a rifle, and the girl that was involved in the shooing was 19.

(Allegheny County)

The one thing no one should ever sacrifice is safety. Events such as the shootings at Virginia Tech and Penn State are very rare. But they arose, because people did not follow university rules and precautions.
    i love this line. duh! the bad guys ignored the rules. big surprise there. they also ignored the rules that say you arent supposed to shoot people. if they are going to ignore that big biblical level rule what makes you think that they will obey a campus rule?

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

This was my response...

Did you really imply that the Virginia Tech shooting was about the shooter breaking campus rules?? He committed murder! That's not a campus rule- it's the law. Maybe if someone else broke campus rule by carrying a defensive gun, they could have protected themselves or others from this nut case.

Did you really imply that we should wait in an emergency and "stand behind first responders"? Emergencies happen quickly and we must be prepared to protect and survive on our own. We ask people to have a smoke alarms and a fire extinguisher in their homes for safety. Why not just wait for the firemen to wake us? You probably would wait for AAA to change your flat tire too. When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

Did you really imply that one human being should not defend their lives in a crowd and that only first responders are qualified? I think you may be surprised at the level of practice and shooting skills owned by the non-responder. I think you may be equally surprised at the level of skill (or lack thereof) acquired by the local police. Just look at the number of shots fired by police in this situation and the number of hits. It's not hard to find. Most shootings between citizens are within a few feet up to contact distance. That's the fact and that's the best time to defend oneself. When the police arrive minutes later, it's a distance hunt.

I suggest you stick with agricultural systems management and not EMT/firefighting. It appears that you may be biased against citizens who are prepared and react to danger before you can get there. I have seen it before. I was actually reamed out by a firefighter for rescuing a fire victim and eliminating the fire minutes before they arrived. It appears that after they "rolled" all the assets and got dressed, they had nothing to do............ Average citizen spoiled there fun.
    Last edited by forby; November 7th, 2011 at 07:52 AM.
    With great power comes great responsibility....

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by forby View Post
    It appears that you may be biased against citizens who are prepared and react to danger before you can get there. I have seen it before. I was actually reamed out by a firefighter for rescuing a fire victim and eliminating the fire minutes before they arrived. It appears that after they "rolled" all the assets and got dressed, they had nothing to do............ Average citizen spoiled there fun.
    If I could "like" this comment any more, I would. It's the truth, though.

I am about as pro-firearms as they come; I am an NRA member, target shooter and hunter
    There is the enemy folks. Living under our noses. It's not Sarah Brady, and it's not Cease Fire. It's fellow gun owners. Some of the absolute worse anti's I've ever met were gun owners.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    There is the enemy folks. Living under our noses. It's not Sarah Brady, and it's not Cease Fire. It's fellow gun owners. Some of the absolute worse anti's I've ever met were gun owners.
    I strongly agree with this statement.

Send him an email and tell him what you think, since he's told tens of thousands of others what he's thought.

Also, how does sending in the $5-$10 to the NRA somehow make you an expert on self defense or firearms in general? I'm sure that Sarah Brady is even an NRA member (under an alias of course) simply to keep tabs on her perceived 'enemy'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast