Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Got some new mags for the M&P9 but the base plates are different

So I just got a couple new S&W M&P 9 mags from Botach Tactical for $18.95 each. I haven't tried them at the range yet but they insert and release correctly, at least manually cycle snap caps. But the base plates are a different design.
    I tried doing some googling, but only found a couple obscure mentions of S&W redesigning their mags. I was hoping someone would know.

Since the mags seem to work, its not really an issue, I was just curious.

Here's a pic, new mag on the RIGHT.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Got some new mags for the M&P9 but the base plates are different

I just bought a bunch from S&W (too many actually) but not nearly that good a price!

The mags we just received look like the 2nd pic. We have 4 from earlier (2 of the first design and 2 of the 2nd) We received 2 free from S&W for a gun problem but I dont know which ones were the 2 originals with the gun (maybe the first 2). The 4 all work perfectly. so the ones i just received hopefully will also.

(York County)

Default Re: Got some new mags for the M&P9 but the base plates are different

Cool, thanks. I hadn't heard of any companies making knock off M&P mags (because if they were cheap I probably would have bought some), but it's always a little disconcerting when you open up the packaging and its a little different then you expected.