Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help ASAP

(Lancaster County)

Default need help ASAP

I was subpoenaed to mdj-02-2-04 today at 3 I am the victim, I showed up about 215 told them I Need a locker to secure my firearm they said they have no lockers I told them they are required by law to have them and they still said they dont etc should I do? I am phaving this from a nearby parking lot
    sig sauer p239 .357 sig DC(open carry for now)
    witness .40s&w
    .22mag/lr revolver
    .22 remington rifle semiauto
    12 ga moss 500 pistol grip(loaded with slug hollow points)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: need help ASAP

For now I'd store your firearm in your vehicle. Or demand that the security find a means to store the firearm, and that you and the law, requires a receipt for the gun.

After you take care of your legal business, then go on the "warpath" about making sure they have proper storage.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    For now I'd store your firearm in your vehicle. Or demand that the security find a means to store the firearm, and that you and the law, requires a receipt for the gun.

After you take care of your legal business, then go on the "warpath" about making sure they have proper storage.
    I am not wrong here am I? Also I'm not sure how safe it is in my truck at this location
    sig sauer p239 .357 sig DC(open carry for now)
    witness .40s&w
    .22mag/lr revolver
    .22 remington rifle semiauto
    12 ga moss 500 pistol grip(loaded with slug hollow points)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by delcosheriffsucks View Post
    I am not wrong here am I? Also I'm not sure how safe it is in my truck at this location
    You are correct. They are supposed to have proper storage. But if you have 8 minutes left(as of the time I post this reply) - you don't have time to debate things.

For now, I would disarm in my vehicle making sure no-one see me doing it. Then stash it, making sure no-one see me hiding something.

Take up your battle with the security and court after you take care of your legal business.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You are correct. They are supposed to have proper storage. But if you have 8 minutes left(as of the time I post this reply) - you don't have time to debate things.

For now, I would disarm in my vehicle making sure no-one see me doing it. Then stash it, making sure no-one see me hiding something.

Take up your battle with the security and court after you take care of your legal business.
    agreed, sometimes you have to make choices to do what your asked even when you know that you are right.

(Chester County)

If it's not too late, ask again about safe storage for your firearm and record the response.

(Lancaster County)

I hope he's done before the local priso...errr I mean high school lets out. Being right near McCaskey this time of day could prove dangerous without a firearm.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

This might be a little late, but in the future, just go in there and tell them what they need to do, or tell them they have to call the judge and explain why they are preventing you from appearing for your subpoena. Do not take no for an answer.

I ran into this problem in montco as a juror and after demanding a supervisor and informing them that the judge would be pissed if he couldn't start his trial on time because they weren't complying with the law i was allowed to check my firearm.

They work for you. Tell them what needs to be done.
    Last edited by vicious; November 3rd, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

(Dauphin County)

If they didn't have any signage and you didn't receive actual notice of the provisions of subsec. 913(a)... that's a pretty tempting reason to just carry on in, at least it would be for me, anyway.

Otherwise, you should be filing criminal complaints for any number of parties responsible: County Commissioner(s), MDJ, President Judge, Court Administrator, Minor Court Administrator, Sheriff. You should also file a suit, enjoining these parties to follow the law, and/or declaring your right to check a firearm.

It's a mess there because the guy before you posted on PAFOA minutes before entering the MDJ office and then did nothing to see things fixed afterward.

(Tioga County)

I have to chuckle at the irony of this. The OP probably considers himself a self-reliant, take-charge kind of guy. (Hey, he carries a gun.) He is suddenly faced with a situation that is unexpected. (No place to check his weapon.)

So what does he do?

He pulls out his smart phone and sends a message to an internet forum asking for advice. Respondents on the forum suggest filing a lawsuit.

Really?

--Phil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast