Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Best transfer prices in Pittsburgh

+1 for Todd at GROPA. Avoid Bravermans! $35 + $5 (for PICS) + tax = $42.80!
    Toujours prêt

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    +1 for Todd at GROPA. Avoid Bravermans! $35 + $5 (for PICS) + tax = $42.80!
    Sheesh!, that is high. $25-30 is reasonable. It's not that it's much work, but you are ultimately responsible for the legalities as the FFL holder for doing the paperwork and transfer correctly. Some places charge an arm and leg though for no real reason. What I hate most is when places charge a high price and then extra fees on top of that for more than one gun. You can put multiple firearms on one ATF form 4473 lol! In my eyes transfers and internet sales are even easier than a direct sale as you're not having to worry about ordering/paying/sales tax/etc, so you are doing a whole lot less work and making your small fee (that is often more than you would make on a new gun).
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

www.pittsburghffl.com

Been using him exclusively now. 20 bucks. Not bad.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

I ordered 3 lowers and a handgun from Palmetto State Armory on Black Friday. Had them sent to John (www.firearmtransfers.net). Nice guy, very quick and easy transaction. He normally charges $20 per gun, but I was able to work out a deal with him before ordering the guns so I paid $60 for all 4 guns.

csementuh - Sometime down the road I plan on getting into NFA, and $50 is one of the best prices I've seen. I'll definitely be checking you out when I do decide to take the plunge!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mancolt View Post
    I ordered 3 lowers and a handgun from Palmetto State Armory on Black Friday. Had them sent to John (www.firearmtransfers.net). Nice guy, very quick and easy transaction. He normally charges $20 per gun, but I was able to work out a deal with him before ordering the guns so I paid $60 for all 4 guns.

csementuh - Sometime down the road I plan on getting into NFA, and $50 is one of the best prices I've seen. I'll definitely be checking you out when I do decide to take the plunge!

$60 is still a good amount for that transfer. It doesn't cost you anything more as a FFL to do more than one long gun at a time. The ATF form 4473 has a space for multiple firearms, so it's no more than filling out the form. For the handguns it is extra as you need to fill out the PSP form and mail it in. In that particular case of 3 lowers and a handgun, I think $20 + $10 is fair.

Thank you, yes please shoot me an email or call with your NFA needs. Remember the $50 is just for a transfer from someone else, I can almost always get you the item directly for cheaper and no transfer fee.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Allegheny County)

+ 1 for John from firearmstransfers, he is great, nice, and agreed to receive my Sterling from Buds Gun Shop when he generally doesn't like receiving from them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12