Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default please help me find vender from oct forkes show

I really need your help finding an ammo vender from the last forkes show at atown fairgrounds in October. He was an ammo vender located at the very back pf the second room. He sold me 500 rounds of radway green 308. I inspected a 20 round box and i liked it so i spent $250 on a can of 500. Last week i opened the can to load some mags and to my dismay it was 500 rnds of tz 80. I would like to think this was an honest mistake. I have to find him and i hope he makes it right. Again, he was an ammo dealer located on the corner of the last row all the way to the back of the gun show, totally opposite the front door. He had a large sign that read radway green 500 rounds, $250. If anyone can help me locate him i would be greatly appreciative. Hopefully it was an honest mistake and this can be taken care of easily. Thank you for your help.

(Berks County)

Default Re: please help me find vender from oct forkes show

Sorry to hear you got ripped off. I wonder if it was the same ammo vendor that was ripping folks off a few years ago at the Valley Forge show. He had marked South African .308 in ammo cans on bandoleers, but it was actually OVF 02 or 03 ammo (Indian) and was really crap stuff.

I always check out the surplus before I buy it, and usually get a vendors business card if I can.

On the bright side TZ headstamp ammo is one of the marks for Israeli Military Industries, and it should be good ammo. A lot of Israeli ammo is also boxer primed (which is reloadable) while Radway Green is not. After you shoot some, look to see if it has one hole at the bottom of the case, if so it is reloadable and you can even sell the brass.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Northampton County)

Besides being out more than $250, the thing that gets me is that my 10 year old son was with me. He shoots 22 and he is a natural. The last thing i want is for him to think negatively about our hobby or the people in it. Also i am a single father with full custody of two kids, i have a 7 year old daughter also. That ammo was supposed to be split up with a friend and he doesnt wamt it . I am now out $250 for the ammo and i owe him $125 on top of that. I dont have $ like that at all. Maybe i can sell it and get some of the money back. Or i will wait and go to the eagle arms show thos weekend and hopefully he is there and willing to do the right thing? I dont know what to do? This sux on so many levels. I really hope he is an honest man and this was just a mistake on his part.

(Northampton County)

Thank you to everyone who helped me find the vendor who sold me this 500 rds. I just gpt off the phone with him and it did turn out to be an honest mistake!!! Im so glad. He is going to make it right at the next Reading show in two weeks. Im so glad he is a stand up Guy. He also earned my business in the future. I also learned a valuable lesson, always check my ammo before handing over money. Again, thank u for helping me find him. This is a wonderful community.