Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Halfway between Here and There, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Default Glad I'm Not from Jersey...

GunAuction.com had this video in their latest email ad...incredible

http://www.gunauction.com/news/artic...ns-fascism.cfm

Default Re: Glad I'm Not from Jersey...

That was made by one of the members of a group I am in also. Great little explanation why things MUST change in NJ. NJ2AS is trying to get some changes made in NJ and we are working diligently to figure out the vague laws involved with such things as transporting. We currently have a lawsuit filed to obtain the exact laws and statutes that the NJ state police have and will not release. Evan Nappen will be a speaker at a meeting we are having. Anyone who would like to help us, please check out the website. Thanks!
    SECONDS matter when the Police are MINUTES away!

(Lancaster County)

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Philadelphia County)

So glad I don't live in New Jersey.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigHeck5 View Post
    So glad I don't live in New Jersey.
    and most here a really glad they dont live in Philly. just saying..

they forgot to mention that NJ residents can only purchase one handgun every thirty days

(Lehigh County)

I'm so glad I live in a free State ... oh wait ...

While New Jersey goes a step further than PA, making the entire system a paper-work filled headache, Pennsylvania has its own quirks.

The Pennsylvania State Police added the reference requirement for LTCF applications, the PA Act 66 License to Carry Advisory Committee added the requirement mandating in-person applications, Sheriffs and the PPD add their own requirements to the license application process not found in law. Many departments now refuse to fingerprint for applications for other states licenses/permits due to political anti-gun fear mongering.

Oh, but those aren't problems with purchasing. Well there are the rules of the Pennsylvania State Police regarding disabled purchasers, there are the problems with PICS checks and the costs and errors associated with that system. There's the historically flawed and incomplete database of firearms purchases that has led to unjust searches and seizures/confiscations, and wrongful arrests.

Without a LTCF Pennsylvania's transportation have the same issue as New Jersey's regarding stops on the way to or from the range, only Pennsylvania law doesn't even mention any exception for reasonable deviations (say for gas or food), at all. Even with a license we all need to remember that we are carrying and transporting under EXCEPTIONS to blatant and draconian bans.

Then there are the rules on loans & temporary transfers, carry during a state of emergency, etc, etc.

I'm terrible at even simplistic video editing, but I guarantee you we could make a similar video for Pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat220 View Post
    GunAuction.com had this video in their latest email ad...incredible

http://www.gunauction.com/news/artic...ns-fascism.cfm
    That's why I moved. I'm now 1 hour away from where I used to live, my cost of living is lower by 35% and I have 2nd amendment rights. God bless PA!

Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Tioga County)

Watched the video...yikes, I thought New York was bad! New Jersey is bad in a whole different way.

--Phil

(Lawrence County)

No joke, this is one of the reasons I moved out of NJ.
    • I can only purchase a firearm with permission from the NJSP.
    • I can only purchase one handgun every 30 days, again with permission.
    • Getting a LTCF in NJ requires the equivalence of an Act 235 in PA, and you're not guaranteed to get it after you finish all the processing, procedures, and paperwork.
    • The firearm laws are ridiculously complicated and ambiguous.
    • I'm not even allowed to carry a folding knife for self defense or utility purposes.
    • I can't transport my firearms anywhere except to and from the range or to hunt without it being a FELONY.
    • I have to retreat first before defending myself.

I generally ignored the knife bit and kept a small folding knife on me at all times. I was hassled once about it, but the state trooper didn't seem all too interested after finding out I worked on a horse farm.

I take huge issue with having to retreat in my own home before defending myself or my property. I think it's absolutely asinine that I'd be committing a felony defending myself unless I retreated first. I understand that it may avoid confrontation; I don't care though, I should have the right to defend my home until help arrives.

What more can I say about the BS involved in purchasing? That's been covered pretty thoroughly. I'll just throw in a quick 2 cents in that it's utter crap that I have to have permission to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights.

What's more aggravating? People buy into all this shit thinking it's for the greater good. There's plenty in NJ who think it's crap, but (sadly) just as many think it's good this way. They don't understand that they've thrown away a right enumerated in the US Constitution. They don't understand that they're wearing a sign saying "I'm unarmed". I seriously hope this changes soon, because until it does I refuse to willingly enter that state again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast