Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default What's your 1911 and why did you choose it?

I keep telling myself that I am going to get a 1911 before the end of the year and I intend to do it. I pretty much have made up my mind on which one I want to get and I was wondering what other people decided to get. The only thing I am still uncertain about is if I should get night sights or not. I recently bought a gun with them and I love them. I don't really plan on carrying my 1911 too much but I know I will probably carry it with me sometimes in the winter and at gun shows.

What type of 1911 do you have and why did you choose it?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: What's your 1911 and why did you choose it?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryD1130 View Post
    I keep telling myself that I am going to get a 1911 before the end of the year and I intend to do it. I pretty much have made up my mind on which one I want to get and I was wondering what other people decided to get. The only thing I am still uncertain about is if I should get night sights or not. I recently bought a gun with them and I love them. I don't really plan on carrying my 1911 too much but I know I will probably carry it with me sometimes in the winter and at gun shows.

What type of 1911 do you have and why did you choose it?
    I don't know about 1911's, but I can tell you a little bit about night-sights. For me anyway, my night-sights on my Glock 19 make it much quicker, more comfortable and natureal for me to line-up the sights and get a proper sight picture. With the night-sights on my Glock 19 my eyes are immediately drawn to the front sight post without effort in dark, dim, low-light and bright lighting scenarios. They're definitely worth it IMO.

(Schuylkill County)

Rock Island Tactical, novak style sights. The reason was the price $350 Lnib.

(Luzerne County)

I have three 1911's. A Kimber ultra carry. Two Kimber tle's. And a Springfield.

The Ultra carry was the first one that I purchased. I have it for a few years. I first bought it based on reputation, and the fact that it came stock with some of the stuff that people would upgrade to with other brands.

I ended up with two tle's because I had just picked up a blued version and saw a stainless version at the shop. I thought the stainless version might be better for carry as the blue starts to show holster wear after a while. And the price was very good.

The Springfield I bought because my wife gave me "you don't really need another 1911" look, while I was looking at it.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lackawanna County)

I have a Springfield Armory GI 45, in stainless steel, that I paid $500 for. I bought it because it was pretty and shoots good for me.

See? Pretty.

For Concealed Carry, I'd go for a Sig Sauer 1911 RCS Nitron because of the aluminum frame, single side safety, accuracy, CCO profile and radical dehorning.

For general 1911... I'd go for an RIA Tactical non-railed and with some work and a few well chosen parts, turn it into the ultimate fighting gun. One that I am not the least bit sorry to beat or abuse.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Cumberland County)

Smile Re: What's your 1911 and why did you choose it?

my first is a rock island commander. i was not to keen on the whole 1911 .45 thing but my shooting buddies kept riding my ass for being a 9 fan. so i thought i would try the 1911 platform. did not want to drop a bunch of bucks into something i might not like so thats why the rock island. my second is the taurus full size no rail in blue. i shoot lefty so the ambi controls appealed to me as well as the cost. both of the above have been ultra reliable and fill my needs for now. btw i am now a fan of the 1911 they only take a backseat to my glocks.

(Delaware County)

What's you budget??? I tend to like HIGH end 1911's.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

I bought the four PT 1911's so everyone in my family could have one and not cost me an arm and a leg. At an average cost of about $540 ea. for all four, a hardly any questions asked lifetime warranty, and the extras that come on the PT, it was a value thing for me. The Colt GCT; it is the Colt I liked the best when I could afford to purchase a "Colt". The SA Loaded longslide; I wanted a 1911 that would maximize the FPS in a mildly loaded .45 apc cartridge and give brutally accurate results. It does so. I hear a lot about people's 1911 not running well when they get one, or they are afraid of it not being reliable. I have had no problems with any 1911 I own, except for the PT in 9mm. It was stiff when new and wasn't ejecting the brass out of the way enough. After doing the "recliner and a movie break in" it works fine, now, but will jam if you limp wrist too much. None of the other 1911's will jam, no matter what you do. They are great pistols. I love all of the one's we have.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(York County)

For Carry, Colt Defender. Great size, just a very nice little 45. In the right holster (Alessi CQC-S) easily concealed with personal comfort.

For home defense, STHF, Para 14-45. 15 rounds of .45, nice big hand-filling grip. Makes it easy to shoot.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast