Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Kimber 1911 ultra cdp II failure to eject

Hey y'all. I was having some failures to eject so I tried "tuning" my stock extractor by bending it all sorts of ways. I think I made the problem worse. I then bought a Wilson Combat extractor hoping it was a simple "drop in". The new extractor needs to be altered as well. I was hoping someone could give me some good advice on tuning the extractor. I've read the articles about using the empty and loaded cartridge. At least two cartridges per mag fail to eject (racking the slide by hand). I haven't tried live fires yet. All help is appreciated. Also, I didn't have any fte during live firing using the stock extractor but figured I should replace the stock extractor with a new one since I don't know how old it is( bought the gun used)

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Kimber 1911 ultra cdp II failure to eject

Quote Originally Posted by rickybobby1099 View Post
    Hey y'all. I was having some failures to eject so I tried "tuning" my stock extractor by bending it all sorts of ways. I think I made the problem worse. I then bought a Wilson Combat extractor hoping it was a simple "drop in". The new extractor needs to be altered as well. I was hoping someone could give me some good advice on tuning the extractor. I've read the articles about using the empty and loaded cartridge. At least two cartridges per mag fail to eject (racking the slide by hand). I haven't tried live fires yet. All help is appreciated. Also, I didn't have any fte during live firing using the stock extractor but figured I should replace the stock extractor with a new one since I don't know how old it is( bought the gun used)
    You can not cycle the slide near as hard or as fast as an explosion from live fire can. Why are you trying to fix a problem that you haven't actually witnessed during live fire? The gun was probably fine.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    You can not cycle the slide near as hard or as fast as an explosion from live fire can. Why are you trying to fix a problem that you haven't actually witnessed during live fire? The gun was probably fine.
    What he said.
    Put the stock extractor back in and live fire the gun- if it fails, replace it with the one you just bought.

You can not replicate the function of the pistol by hand cycling it, unless your Superman.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Montgomery County)

I replaced the stock extractor because I didn't want to have any failures during live fire. I figured preventative maintenance. Any help regarding the current problem I have would be appreciated. I do not need to read about how what I did was stupid. I am aware that I created the problem. I would just like to read about how to properly fix the problem I created.

(Monroe County)

I replaced the stock extractor because I didn't want to have any failures during live fire. I figured preventative maintenance. Any help regarding the current problem I have would be appreciated. I do not need to read about how what I did was stupid. I am aware that I created the problem. I would just like to read about how to properly fix the problem I created.
    Nobody said you were stupid and the fix was already stated. Put the extractor back in and shoot the gun. You typically don't need to perform "preventative maintenance" on a gun until after you shoot it and see if it has any issues...especially a "higher end" gun. Being blunt and to the point is a lot different than scolding or scorning. People on the internet seem to "hear" how others are responding just by reading text on a screen....that's scary and probably requires the help of a professional!

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Nobody said you were stupid and the fix was already stated. Put the extractor back in and shoot the gun. You typically don't need to perform "preventative maintenance" on a gun until after you shoot it and see if it has any issues...especially a "higher end" gun. Being blunt and to the point is a lot different than scolding or scorning. People on the internet seem to "hear" how others are responding just by reading text on a screen....that's scary and probably requires the help of a professional!

Unless you buy a Glock. If you ever do, you will need to immediately replace the recoil spring and guide rod with one made of titanium. The slide stop will need to be replaced with an extended version so it can be used by those with vagina hands as a "slide release". You will also need to buy a small piece of rubber to fill the gap behind the magazine because lint will get in there and never make it to any part of the firearm that really matters. What's more, if you have a double feed and are required to rip the mag out, you will first need to take the plug out, but they look bad as fuck, so leave it in till then. Then, you will need to reduce the stock 5.5# trigger pull weight because you have a piss poor trigger squeeze and find that with the polymer pistol have a tendency to shoot low left. I would recommend an adjustable fulcrum trigger. This only costs about the price of a half a case of ammo, but is well worth it. Then, take sand paper and remove all of the black finish from the slide. Also, since there is no way in hell you are going to be able to remove the magazine by pressing that silly button, buy a gigantic one that will accidentally get pressed while riding in a holster under your shirt (that is where all the lint will come from that the plug will stop). That's ok though, because if you press your ultra light trigger and the magazine falls out, you will at least get one round off. Just in case you do drop your mags like this, it might be a great idea to add a +2 extension to the bottom of your mag. They will keep your magazine from breaking. Too bad they don't give you a new mag spring when you buy this required item. They are fucking bad assed too. Anyway, when you reload, that huge slide release will help you get back into the fight like right now. The only other thing I would do is heat your gun over a candle and then rub it on something hard so you can custom mold the backstrap to fit your hand. If you are afraid to do that, just jam a brass screw head in a soldering iron and melt the entire grip so that it looks like a lizard skin. This will keep you from dropping your gun when you have your hands full of Crisco Oil or KY Jelly. (Also looks fucking bad ass) Oh, one more thing. Since you will be reloading, you will need to buy a new barrel immediately. I would go with a Lonewolf, because you will save on shipping when you buy everything else from them. Oh, I can't believe I forgot. You probably will be engaging sharks at some point, so you will need to buy a titanium striker (Glock calls them that...fuck it it's a firing pin) and the marine spring cups so you can shoot under water. Those are the things that you will need to make an awesome glock. Sorry if I left anything out.
    Jules

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Unless you buy a Glock. If you ever do, you will need to immediately replace the recoil spring and guide rod with one made of titanium. The slide stop will need to be replaced with an extended version so it can be used by those with vagina hands as a "slide release". You will also need to buy a small piece of rubber to fill the gap behind the magazine because lint will get in there and never make it to any part of the firearm that really matters. What's more, if you have a double feed and are required to rip the mag out, you will first need to take the plug out, but they look bad as fuck, so leave it in till then. Then, you will need to reduce the stock 5.5# trigger pull weight because you have a piss poor trigger squeeze and find that with the polymer pistol have a tendency to shoot low left. I would recommend an adjustable fulcrum trigger. This only costs about the price of a half a case of ammo, but is well worth it. Then, take sand paper and remove all of the black finish from the slide. Also, since there is no way in hell you are going to be able to remove the magazine by pressing that silly button, buy a gigantic one that will accidentally get pressed while riding in a holster under your shirt (that is where all the lint will come from that the plug will stop). That's ok though, because if you press your ultra light trigger and the magazine falls out, you will at least get one round off. Just in case you do drop your mags like this, it might be a great idea to add a +2 extension to the bottom of your mag. They will keep your magazine from breaking. Too bad they don't give you a new mag spring when you buy this required item. They are fucking bad assed too. Anyway, when you reload, that huge slide release will help you get back into the fight like right now. The only other thing I would do is heat your gun over a candle and then rub it on something hard so you can custom mold the backstrap to fit your hand. If you are afraid to do that, just jam a brass screw head in a soldering iron and melt the entire grip so that it looks like a lizard skin. This will keep you from dropping your gun when you have your hands full of Crisco Oil or KY Jelly. (Also looks fucking bad ass) Oh, one more thing. Since you will be reloading, you will need to buy a new barrel immediately. I would go with a Lonewolf, because you will save on shipping when you buy everything else from them. Oh, I can't believe I forgot. You probably will be engaging sharks at some point, so you will need to buy a titanium striker (Glock calls them that...fuck it it's a firing pin) and the marine spring cups so you can shoot under water. Those are the things that you will need to make an awesome glock. Sorry if I left anything out.
    Jules
    So just to recap: You think I should trade my "broke" 1911 for a bad ass Glock? I like the way you think. If only I can find someone willing to trade me...

So just to recap: You think I should trade my "broke" 1911 for a bad ass Glock? I like the way you think. If only I can find someone willing to trade me...

No man, NOOOOOOOOOOO. My point was your stock extractor will extract just fine. Stock Glocks are an awesome Police/Combat firearm that don't need fussing with. Also, if someone can come up with a gizmo, gadget or whizbang and market it correctly, all of the type A personality gun guys will gobble them up so they can tell their buddies "what they're runnin in their Glock". My post was the most sarcastic thing I have ever written!
    Jules

(Luzerne County)

post it in the classifieds. Someone just might.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Cumberland County)

Thumbs up Re: Kimber 1911 ultra cdp II failure to eject

damn ar15jules are you making fun of other posters? yes i know sarcasm when i see it, still gave me a chuckle, first one of the day. thanks red dog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast