Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Kimber 1911 ultra cdp II failure to eject

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post

No man, NOOOOOOOOOOO. My point was your stock extractor will extract just fine. Stock Glocks are an awesome Police/Combat firearm that don't need fussing with. Also, if someone can come up with a gizmo, gadget or whizbang and market it correctly, all of the type A personality gun guys will gobble them up so they can tell their buddies "what they're runnin in their Glock". My post was the most sarcastic thing I have ever written!
    Jules
    LOL. I picked up on your sarcasm. I know now that my stock extractor will extract just fine, but that's assuming I (dumb ass) didn't eff it completely up. I'm gonna take it to the range on Sunday and find out. My question, again, is how do I fix the extractor if it doesn't work?

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    damn ar15jules are you making fun of other posters? yes i know sarcasm when i see it, still gave me a chuckle, first one of the day. thanks red dog
    I am not one to make fun.
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by rickybobby1099 View Post
    LOL. I picked up on your sarcasm. I know now that my stock extractor will extract just fine, but that's assuming I (dumb ass) didn't eff it completely up. I'm gonna take it to the range on Sunday and find out. My question, again, is how do I fix the extractor if it doesn't work?
    I don't fudge with 1911s much. Maybe Lycanthrope will be along to save the day. Is it a full moon tonight?
    Jules

Unless you buy a Glock. If you ever do, you will need to immediately replace the recoil spring and guide rod with one made of titanium. The slide stop will need to be replaced with an extended version so it can be used by those with vagina hands as a "slide release". You will also need to buy a small piece of rubber to fill the gap behind the magazine because lint will get in there and never make it to any part of the firearm that really matters. What's more, if you have a double feed and are required to rip the mag out, you will first need to take the plug out, but they look bad as fuck, so leave it in till then. Then, you will need to reduce the stock 5.5# trigger pull weight because you have a piss poor trigger squeeze and find that with the polymer pistol have a tendency to shoot low left. I would recommend an adjustable fulcrum trigger. This only costs about the price of a half a case of ammo, but is well worth it. Then, take sand paper and remove all of the black finish from the slide. Also, since there is no way in hell you are going to be able to remove the magazine by pressing that silly button, buy a gigantic one that will accidentally get pressed while riding in a holster under your shirt (that is where all the lint will come from that the plug will stop). That's ok though, because if you press your ultra light trigger and the magazine falls out, you will at least get one round off. Just in case you do drop your mags like this, it might be a great idea to add a +2 extension to the bottom of your mag. They will keep your magazine from breaking. Too bad they don't give you a new mag spring when you buy this required item. They are fucking bad assed too. Anyway, when you reload, that huge slide release will help you get back into the fight like right now. The only other thing I would do is heat your gun over a candle and then rub it on something hard so you can custom mold the backstrap to fit your hand. If you are afraid to do that, just jam a brass screw head in a soldering iron and melt the entire grip so that it looks like a lizard skin. This will keep you from dropping your gun when you have your hands full of Crisco Oil or KY Jelly. (Also looks fucking bad ass) Oh, one more thing. Since you will be reloading, you will need to buy a new barrel immediately. I would go with a Lonewolf, because you will save on shipping when you buy everything else from them. Oh, I can't believe I forgot. You probably will be engaging sharks at some point, so you will need to buy a titanium striker (Glock calls them that...fuck it it's a firing pin) and the marine spring cups so you can shoot under water. Those are the things that you will need to make an awesome glock. Sorry if I left anything out.
    Jules

LMFAO! That's hilarious..................and despite what anyone says, I did not buy into the Mall Ninja internet parts hype when a G23 was my first ever pistol.

Hey y'all. I was having some failures to eject so I tried "tuning" my stock extractor by bending it all sorts of ways. I think I made the problem worse.
    Just how much did you tweak it? Put it back in and try it, if all runs okay leave it alone.
    Last edited by Chip W; October 21st, 2011 at 07:27 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip W View Post

Just how much did you tweak it? Put it back in and try it, if all runs okay leave it alone.
    I don't know.... That's the problem. I just don't trust it enought now... I guess I'll just have to take it and put a few hundred rounds down range without any issues before I'll feel comfortable carrying it again. Until then, I guess I'll just keep carrying my XD40 (which has at least 4000 rounds throught it without a single problem)

(Lawrence County)

I don't fudge with 1911s much. Maybe Lycanthrope will be along to save the day. Is it a full moon tonight?
    Jules
    You rang?

1911 extractors last a LONG time without tweaking when set up right. Doing one yourself, however, is not that hard.

Go here:
    http://www.brazoscustom.com/Home.htm

Look under Tips and Tricks.

However...if you ever DO have to replace a 1911 extractor I highly recommend the Aftec.

http://1911store.com/browseproducts/...Extractor.HTML

Yes, it's pricey....yes, it's worth it. I think I changed the springs in mine 30,000 rounds ago.....maybe. You do have do some filing on the firing pin stop to install one, but that's about the only tweak you need.

Lycanmyjobhereisdonethrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    You rang?

1911 extractors last a LONG time without tweaking when set up right. Doing one yourself, however, is not that hard.

Go here:
    http://www.brazoscustom.com/Home.htm

Look under Tips and Tricks.

However...if you ever DO have to replace a 1911 extractor I highly recommend the Aftec.

http://1911store.com/browseproducts/...Extractor.HTML

Yes, it's pricey....yes, it's worth it. I think I changed the springs in mine 30,000 rounds ago.....maybe. You do have do some filing on the firing pin stop to install one, but that's about the only tweak you need.

Lycanmyjobhereisdonethrope

Thank you very much. I will be checking that site out tonight.

Thank you very much. I will be checking that site out tonight.
    See, this could have been a two post thread.
    Jules

(Montgomery County)

See, this could have been a two post thread.
    Jules
    Lol. So true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12