Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Missouri Bullets "Hardness Optimized"

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHead View Post
    You're not serious are you?
    The carbide ring in Lee factory crimp dies can swage oversize lead bullets to a smaller diameter and lead to leading. It is a well known problem.

(Montgomery County)

I don't know. I've never had any problem with any of the bullets I've got from them. Maybe there is something with your crimp dye?

All of mine, that I measure, have had the exact correct weight and size.

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Did you test Brinell hardness yourself? If so, what was the number?
    I'm not a metallurgists but a guy from my church works at a company that has the testing equipment and I just gave him samples to have tested. He thinks he'll have the results sometime next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    I don't know. I've never had any problem with any of the bullets I've got from them. Maybe there is something with your crimp dye?

All of mine, that I measure, have had the exact correct weight and size.
    You probably missed the earlier post: the OP is not about your bullets and your bullets don't make the ones pictured good bullets; they are a nightmare.

Two posters claim barrels lead because of crimp dies; how does that happen? If one poster had looked at the pictures he would know the bullets were sold as .356...right on the box in plain sight. Of course it says .356 caliber which might confuse people since three is no such caliber but then those indication of ignorance are typical there.

I want to hear the story about how a bullet that is too small for the barrel is the cause of excessive leading; that should be a good one. Too small = less friction = more leading...yea right. How is it that there is such a mental block of the most obvious reason fr leading; the bullets are so soft that they molded to the collet of a puller with such detail that it seemed as though they were made out of Play-Dough? You guys are really bad detectives.

Are any of you looking at the pictures, I find it hard to believe you spent any time at all studying the pictures to come up with the excuses you have. The bullets are junk; it's unbelievably obvious.

(Montgomery County)

You probably missed the earlier post: the OP is not about your bullets and your bullets don't make the ones pictured good bullets; they are a nightmare.

Two posters claim barrels lead because of crimp dies; how does that happen? If one poster had looked at the pictures he would know the bullets were sold as .356...right on the box in plain sight. Of course it says .356 caliber which might confuse people since three is no such caliber but then those indication of ignorance are typical there.

I want to hear the story about how a bullet that is too small for the barrel is the cause of excessive leading; that should be a good one. Too small = less friction = more leading...yea right. How is it that there is such a mental block of the most obvious reason fr leading; the bullets are so soft that they molded to the collet of a puller with such detail that it seemed as though they were made out of Play-Dough? You guys are really bad detectives.

Are any of you looking at the pictures, I find it hard to believe you spent any time at all studying the pictures to come up with the excuses you have. The bullets are junk; it's unbelievably obvious.
    If it's that obvious, I don't suppose it would be too much to ask for a little bit of evidence to back up your claims.

maybe the crimp dye is the cause of the problems.

If it's that obvious, I don't suppose it would be too much to ask for a little bit of evidence to back up your claims.

maybe the crimp dye is the cause of the problems.
    Here's another jokester...there's 8 pictures in the OP that clearly show evidence of defective bullets; if you go to the provided URL for WebShots you will find 10 pictures that you can click on twice to get them huge so you can see every detail of the results of extremely soft lead. There is no evidence needed, you are just being obstinate to be obstinate.

So what is it, do factory crimp dies suck the hardness out of lead? LMAO Why doesn't it suck the hardness out of any other bullets I have loaded or are factory crimp dies brand sucking specific? LMAO

Hey listen guys, this is getting stupid and nothing is being accomplished with the people with their heals dug in denying and making excuses for whatever reason. So I'm done here and for those of you with eyes that see, you see what I'm talking about, the rest...who knows?

Don't forget though, these bullets are for sale if any of you who think they are good want them.

(Montgomery County)

Here's another jokester...there's 8 pictures in the OP that clearly show evidence of defective bullets; if you go to the provided URL for WebShots you will find 10 pictures that you can click on twice to get them huge so you can see every detail of the results of extremely soft lead. There is no evidence needed, you are just being obstinate to be obstinate.

So what is it, do factory crimp dies suck the hardness out of lead? LMAO Why doesn't it suck the hardness out of any other bullets I have loaded or are factory crimp dies brand sucking specific? LMAO

Hey listen guys, this is getting stupid and nothing is being accomplished with the people with their heals dug in denying and making excuses for whatever reason. So I'm done here and for those of you with eyes that see, you see what I'm talking about, the rest...who knows?

Don't forget though, these bullets are for sale if any of you who think they are good want them.
    I just want evidence that the hardness is the cause and not something else. I can show you pictures of damaged/destroyed bullets too, but that doesnt mean they're defective.

I just want evidence that the hardness is the cause and not something else. I can show you pictures of damaged/destroyed bullets too, but that doesnt mean they're defective.
    If you've been reading along you'd know I should have the lab report sometime next week with the actual BHN number. But do you really think an 18 BHN bullet smashes like putty conforming to every detail of a puller collet; have you ever pulled a bullet? I've never pulled a bullet I couldn't reuse till these "Hardness Optimized" 18 BHN bullets. Sorry but I don't see that I'm in a hot seat needing to defend that these bullets in no way represent what they were sold as, I just don't have the exact number of softness yet. Frankly I find it so obvious that they are extremely soft that those who cant recognize that obvious I have to question their knowledge and ability to reason the obvious. But the number will be coming.

(Delaware County)

You sir, should educate yourself a bit before you embarrass yourself further.

(Lawrence County)

Just a cautionary statement that if tempers flare.....just walk away for a bit.

Opinions vary out there.

LycanI'mwatchingthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast