Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Delco Field and Stream?

Quote Originally Posted by ted murphy View Post
    I am glad you like it.
    Now, if they can their anti carry gun and anti-self defense attitude, I might too.
    Ted
    Hiding behind the anonymity of the interwebs, I can safely say that it has not caused me undue hardship to move my carry weapon from my hip to my rangebag in the parking lot.

(Delaware County)

But it is the point. The management of that club shares some common ground with the likes of Handgun Control Inc; a society with no carrying of handguns.

In fact, their phobia is so bad you cannot even have a holster on your belt at that club.

And they are the darling of the antis as a result.

How can I condone such a philosophy by writing them a check or standing up and being counted in their numbers?

I cannot. And will not.

And even with the cost of gasoline skyrocketing, I skip that club to go somewhere else.

(Delaware County)

ALCON,
    I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER THERE ON AND OFF (OFF WHEN I WAS DEPLOYED) FOR 20 OR MORE YEARS AND EVEN WITH ITS SOMEWHAT EXCESSIVE RULES IT IS A GOOD PLACE TO SHOOT (GUNS OR BOWS) AND MEET PEOPLE WHO DO.
    THE RULES ARE MADE FOR SAFETY AND ENFORCED FAIRLY BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND WITH SAFETY AS THE OBJECTIVE. I AM A LEO AND WHEN SOMEONE MENTIONED MY HOLSTERED WEAPON, ONCE, I IDENTIFED MYSELF AND IT WAS OVER.
    THE HOLSTERED WEAPON RULE IS MORE FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO WANT TO PRACTICE DRAWING TECHNIQUES WITH A LOADED WEAPON. IF THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THEN DELCO F&S PROBABLY IS NOT WHERE YOU WANT TO JOIN. MOST RANGES, THAT I KNOW OF, WILL PROHIBIT THIS UNLESS YOU ARE A LEO ON A DESIGNATED PORTION OF THE RANGE.
    IF YOU KNOW OF THOSE THAT DON'T IN THE PHILA AREA PLEASE POST IT SO OTHER MEMBERS WILL HAVE A PLACE TO GO. I AM ALSO A MEMBER OF TARGETMASTER AND HAVE BEEN SO SINCE IT OPENED. THEY HAVE SIMILAR RESTRICTIONS AGAIN FOR NON-LEO PERSONNEL.
    BOTTON LINE GUYS IS THAT THERE REALLY ARE ONLY A FEW PLACES LEFT TO SHOOT BECAUSE FEWER AND FEWER MUNICIPALITIES WANT TO DEAL WITH THE COMPLAINTS AND LIABILITIES SO ENJOY THE ONES THAT ARE LEFT.

EJF

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TAC LTC View Post
    THE RULES ARE MADE FOR SAFETY AND ENFORCED FAIRLY BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND WITH SAFETY AS THE OBJECTIVE.
    CCW is banned for "safety?" In what way is that remark distinguishable from that of anti-gun politicians?

(Delaware County)

It isn't. And the sad point is they do not see this.

"We have met the enemy and he is us".

Ted
    Last edited by ted murphy; April 7th, 2008 at 04:20 PM.

(Delaware County)

GENTLEMEN,
    I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT WHEN I CARRY CONCEALED IT IS JUST THAT, ONLY I KNOW THAT I HAVE A WEAPON.
    AS FOR THE NO HOLSTERED WEAPON RULE I BELIEVE IT IS FOR THE RANGES AND NOT NECESSARILY AIMED AT THE CCW PERSONNEL. I MUST SAY I AM NOT CLEAR ON THE RULE BUT I WILL BE THERE FRIDAY AND CLARIFY THAT ASPECT OF IT. AFTER THAT I WILL GET BACK TO YOU.
    IF IT IS FOR THE CCW PERSONNEL ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT IT IS A SHAME TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST THOSE WHO HAVE CHOSEN TO BE TRAINED AND ARMED AND NOT A LEO. THE MORE ARMED CIVILIANS WE HAVE THE LESS LIKELY VIOLENT CRIME WILL OCCUR.
    THAT WAS THE RATIONALE BEHIND THE HR BILL 218 BEING PASSED IN CONGRESS, TO PUT MORE LEO'S ON THE STREET TO COMBAT CRIME AND TERRORISM THRUOUT THE NATION.
    IF THE RULE IS AIMED AT CCW PERSONS THEN AGAIN YOU LIVE IN AMERICA AND HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHERE YOU GO, WHAT ORGANIZATIONS AND CLUBS YOU BELONG TO, AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY CONCEALED TO DEFEND YOUR FAMILY AND YOURSELF FROM CRIME. THERE ARE MORE PLACES THAN NOT THAT DON'T HAVE THESE RIGHTS. I HAVE SEEN THEM FIRST HAND AND THAT IS WHY I KISS THE GROUND AFTER I GET BACK HERE FROM THEM. AMERICANS FOR THE MOST PART ARE SPOILED AND DO NOT KNOW HOW LUCKY THEY ARE.

EJF

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TAC LTC View Post
    AS FOR THE NO HOLSTERED WEAPON RULE I BELIEVE IT IS FOR THE RANGES AND NOT NECESSARILY AIMED AT THE CCW PERSONNEL.
    It is aimed at CCW personnel, and it applies throughout the entire facility. I know this because, back when I was considering joining the place, I emailed the club for clarification. CCW is banned on the premises. Since there is no defensible justification for such a rule, I will boycott this range. Any range whose politics is identical to Chuck Schumer's gets no money from me.

(Montgomery County)

If you want to shoot holstered, or from the hip, you need to go to Cowboy Action Day.

As far as concerns about being in some kind of altercation on the premise - EVERYONE IS ARMED, IT'S A GUN CLUB. Gee wiz guys, where's the line? Do you get upset when you have to unload your carry piece for the cheap ammo or do you just mitigate that problem by shooting hydrashoks all the time?

(Delaware County)

WELL KNOWING THIS THERE IS ONLY ONE OPTION FOR A MEMBER, TO ATTEMPT TO CHANGE THE POLICY. THIS CAN'T BE DONE AS AN OUTSIDER/NON-MEMBER.
    ALL I CAN DO IS CHALLENGE THE RULE AND FIND OUT HOW THIS RULE CAN BE CHANGED. IF ENOUGH MEMBERS DO SO THEN IT WILL BE CHANGED (SOUNDS LIKE A DEMOCRACY) BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE WITH CCW THEN IN THE PAST AND MAYBE IT IS TIME THE RULE IS UPDATED FOR THIS DECADE AND CURRENT EVENTS (POST 911). I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THE RULE IS BEING MISINTERPRETED FROM THE ORIGINAL INTENT.

EJF

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tiber View Post
    If you want to shoot holstered, or from the hip, you need to go to Cowboy Action Day.
    I have no interest in cowboy shooting. My primary concern is simply having my CCW weapon with me. Any business that believes my inert, holstered handgun is a "threat" or a "safety risk" is clueless and/or anti-RKBA and thus gets no $$ from me.

As far as concerns about being in some kind of altercation on the premise - EVERYONE IS ARMED, IT'S A GUN CLUB.
    Huh? This sounds exactly like the "with CCW there'll be shootouts at fender benders and blood will run in the streets" rhetoric of VPC.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast