Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default M&P .45 Serpa Holster for the 9mm

Does anyone happen to know if the M&P .45 Blackhawk Serpa holster will house the M&P 9mm?

I was looking around a little for a retention holster after watching last weeks episode of Personal Defense TV and the first one I looked at was the Serpa. The listing was for the .45 only, so I moved on.

When I checked out Midway USA for holsters for the M&P, there was no designation for which caliber. I'm wondering if the .45 holster will work out for my 9mm or if I should look into something labeled specifically for the 9mm.

Also, if anyone happens to have a retention holster for the 9mm M&P are you happy with it and what make/model is it?

Thanks
    -Walt

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: M&P .45 Serpa Holster for the 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by wwhite72082 View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if the M&P .45 Blackhawk Serpa holster will house the M&P 9mm?
    If the difference between them is like the difference between a Glock 17 (9mm) and a Glock Glock 21 (.45 Auto) Then yes...

As long as the frame is basically the same, the weapon will fit properly.

Your best bet is to contact Blackhawk and ask them if you are still unsure.

(Montgomery County)

The pop-up menu for selecting gun models on Blackhawk's web site lists "M&P 9/.40" separately from the .45. That would make me tend to think they are not interchangeable.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    The pop-up menu for selecting gun models on Blackhawk's web site lists "M&P 9/.40" separately from the .45. That would make me tend to think they are not interchangeable.
    I must be looking in a different location as I only came across the "M&P 45" on the product search page.

I'll shoot them an email and see if they can be of any assistance.

Thanks
    -Walt

(Berks County)

I'm stopping by gun shop today but im pretty sure that the 9/40 version of the M&P's use the Glock 17 holster. I might be wrong on the type of Glock but i do know that the M&P's do use the Glock Serpa holsters.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by wwhite72082 View Post
    I must be looking in a different location as I only came across the "M&P 45" on the product search page.
    For some reason the M&P 9/40 item is at the bottom of the pop-up menu, below Walther P99. Maybe it was a later addition and their web person forgot to insert it in alphabetical order.

(Delaware County)

Blackhawk serpa had a recall on the holsters that fit the M+P and some other pistols. I would call Blackhawk to find out about it.

(Montgomery County)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    For some reason the M&P 9/40 item is at the bottom of the pop-up menu, below Walther P99. Maybe it was a later addition and their web person forgot to insert it in alphabetical order.
    I see it now, thanks. I just stopped at the S's and never looked any further down the alphabet.

Also, thanks for the recall info. Its probably in my best interest to give them a call and speak to someone rather than emailing them (the response should be much faster that way)

(Berks County)

I doubled checked today at the gun shop i went to the Blackhawk Serpas for MP45s were the same holsters that are for the Glock 20/21. However, they did also have MP45 marked on them as well.

The MP 9/40 aren't listed but they are the same Serpa as the Glock 17/22. This is all for the full sized models im not sure if Blackhawk makes a Serpa for compact MP. My old roommate bought a MP40 compact and it fit inside the Blackhawk holster, but there was a little extra room at the end of the barrel.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast