Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default My day and the "Gun Shop Circuit"

Found myself with some time to myself today and decided to run to some local shops and see what all had to offer.

Started out at Bullseye Shooters Source in E-town. This is a great shop that I only recently found. Very close to Trop Gun Shop and Kinseys. Their inventory is somewhat limited but it appears that they can get whatever you may want as far as firearms are concerned. Great prices on transfers ($20, I believe) and a very well stocked with accessories. (Holsters, reloading stuff, bino's and scopes) Very nice clerk.

Traveled from there to Trop. Selection is starting to fade...but I assume that is because of hunting season. Still had lots of handguns but not a single used lever action rifle to be seen. They used to carry quite a few new/used sporting shotguns but not many to be had now.

Moved on to Backwoods Outfitters. Great shop with lots of personality. Prices are always good and the staff is top notch.

Dropped back to my side of the river and went to Hake's in Wrightsville. Another nice shop. Prices are average and the staff is very nice. Had a nice Winchester Model 94 (pre-64) for around $450 which I thought was great. Nice looking shooter. I didn't pick it up but it will make someone a nice field gun. No sporting shotguns to be had in the shop.

Stopped in to see John @ Stonybrook Shooting supply on E. Market St. John has tons of handguns and his prices are good. Just about any handgun magazine you could want....he either has or can get. Very friendly place and he has earned my business more than once.

Finished up my road trip @ Freedom Armory in Shrewsbury. Say what you will about their staff or selection, etc.....but my experience is usually very good. Nice place to browse. I have found their prices on used guns to be fair and their prices on new guns to be slightly on the high side. However, you can usually find things there that you may not see many other places. As for their indoor range......just WOW. You cannot compare a local sportsman association or club with an outdoor (or even an older indoor) range with what they offer at Freedom Armory. I have been considering joining the range there just because it is such a great facility. VERY pricey....but VERY nice as well.

All in all....saw lots of stuff and enjoyed my day but didn't buy much of anything. (A few magazines for my Beretta 87T and a few for my 92fs) What a great day and so glad that I live in an area with so many shops to look thru.
    Last edited by JohnUSCG; December 5th, 2010 at 12:07 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: My day and the "Gun Shop Circuit"

John,

You and I frequent a lot of the same shops. We're lucky - we can hit three or four pretty cool shops in this area in the time it takes to drink a 16 oz coffee.

Backwoods Outfitters is a great shop, I've bought more guns from them than anyone else in this area. Trops is one of the bigger stores around...but I always feel like I have a better chance of finding a "deal" at Kinsey's.