Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Nationals Sporting Goods

Far from a nerd and no axe to grind either. Just my own experiance. That may differ from others on here and that's fine with me and I'm sure National isn't losing any sleep from the fact I don't give them any business. Actually I don't know anyone outside of this thread that does business with them. But hey, if your happy with them you should shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertEagle View Post
    Far from a nerd and no axe to grind either. Just my own experiance. That may differ from others on here and that's fine with me and I'm sure National isn't losing any sleep from the fact I don't give them any business. Actually I don't know anyone outside of this thread that does business with them. But hey, if your happy with them you should shop there.
    You still haven't said what your bad experience was there. Perhaps if you elaborated a little as we asked earlier people might better understand why you're upset with National.

A lot of rumors and BS start this way- I have a friend who works at Williamsport Wirerope and he told me he was surprised I still shop at National because all the guys at work said the new owners are assholes and raised their prices big time... Well, the Kel-Tec SU-22 I bought from Dave and Drew was $339, last time I checked under Adam and Matt an SU-22 was $341... yeah, HUGE price increase... Whats funny is that normal price for a Glock 34 at National was cheaper than Grice's huge anniversary sale price... lol.
    National Sporting Goods FTW.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    You still haven't said what your bad experience was there. Perhaps if you elaborated a little as we asked earlier people might better understand why you're upset with National.

A lot of rumors and BS start this way- I have a friend who works at Williamsport Wirerope and he told me he was surprised I still shop at National because all the guys at work said the new owners are assholes and raised their prices big time... Well, the Kel-Tec SU-22 I bought from Dave and Drew was $339, last time I checked under Adam and Matt an SU-22 was $341... yeah, HUGE price increase... Whats funny is that normal price for a Glock 34 at National was cheaper than Grice's huge anniversary sale price... lol.
    Again, you nailed it. The "gentleman," despite his claim of non-bias, still hasn't expounded on his claims, and to me, that speaks a lot to his credibility. Zippo.

Also your friend's co-workers... who knows their reasons, but rumors being what they are, which is akin to gossip, just doesn't have much substance.

Like I said previously, no shop is the lowest price point on all items, and should we as customers expect that anyway? I needed a couple magazines for my Sig Sauer 522, and National's price, to me, was expensive. I found them online cheaper and bought it there. So what? Should I "diss" National because of it?

Overall, my experience at National since Adam and Matt took over has been so overwhelmingly positive, it totally outweighs a few dollars here or there. And it outweighs a minority negative opinion from people I don't care to know or socialize with anyway.

I think people put their foot in their mouths sometimes because of unreasonable expectations.

Their little high-and-mighty expectations, whether it's being treated like royalty because they want to buy a $2.00 item, or getting .45 ACP ammo for 10¢ a round, or whatever, isn't met to their satisfaction, and they get their childish wittle feelings hurt.

Next thing you know, they're telling everyone—who they think gives a damn in their limited social circle—that "National's owners are a**holes" and BAM, your average nasty little rumor has started. People are shallow and pretentious, and you have to take many of their opinions with a grain of salt.

You know what they say about opinions... Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one, and most of them stink.
    Great website & advertising design for reasonable prices: www.ksaag.com

(Lycoming County)

New year, new comment. I was in Tuesday and things have went downhill since my last visit. The service was so bad I left and bought the firearm I wanted at Troxells.
    This is what I posted. How you came up with your rant(jimwitt) from that makes me believe your just a troll.
    Last edited by DesertEagle; May 21st, 2011 at 09:20 AM.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post

As I said. The service was bad. The two guys with me thought so too. Didn't say anything about price or call anyone names.

(Clinton County)

As I said. The service was bad. The two guys with me thought so too. Didn't say anything about price or call anyone names.
    Sorry to hear about your rare bad experience at Nationals. I hope you give them another chance some day.

You can't please everyone though and thats just how it goes sometimes.

-cheers
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Snyder County)

Just to throw my $.02 in the pot and let everyone know I am still alive, a lot of guys at work rave about National's. Most won't go anywhere but there.

(Lycoming County)

In case anyone is interested - we got a Kel-Tec RFB in today. The thing is awesome! A bullpup .308, and just about impossible to get your hands on. $1595

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by National View Post
    In case anyone is interested - we got a Kel-Tec RFB in today. The thing is awesome! A bullpup .308, and just about impossible to get your hands on. $1595
    Oh screw you guys

Now I can count on being out 1600 lol
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314