Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nationals Sporting Goods

lol im a regular there but never asked because i didnt want to offend them. also i guess i could have added about them definatly selling. i was there about 2 weeks ago while they were working out some stuff with the new owner. dude wears a suit and a tie to work in the gun shop lol

speaking of which i really need to get up there this week to see what all they got in in the way of new and used 1911's and glock 20's hoping to get one or the other in the next week along with a new .308

Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 Outlaw View Post
    lol im a regular there but never asked because i didnt want to offend them. also i guess i could have added about them definatly selling. i was there about 2 weeks ago while they were working out some stuff with the new owner. dude wears a suit and a tie to work in the gun shop lol
    A suit and tie, really? He was wearing casual clothes the two times I've seen him. I was trying to make small talk with him last Saturday so I mentioned the numerous (at least 4) Sig P220's he had, he stared at me with an almost angry or annoyed expression for a moment then returned to a normal face and continued the conversation. It was kinda awkward and I thought maybe he didn't care for talking much but he was friendly after that... maybe I just caught him while he was zoning out or something, lol.

yea i thought he was a lawyer at first.

wouldnt have happened to notice any stainless springfield 1911's or glock 20's and their prices would you? im hoping to get either a stainless springfield GI or Mil Spec from them if price permits when i go to order my .308 if im a lil short im hoping to pick up a g20

speaking of which i really need to get up there this week to see what all they got in in the way of new and used 1911's and glock 20's hoping to get one or the other in the next week along with a new .308
    Oh hell, they had at least a dozen 1911s, most of them Kimbers I believe. I'm not sure if they had a G20 but they always have quite a few different Glocks.

yea i thought he was a lawyer at first.

wouldnt have happened to notice any stainless springfield 1911's or glock 20's and their prices would you? im hoping to get either a stainless springfield GI or Mil Spec from them if price permits when i go to order my .308 if im a lil short im hoping to pick up a g20
    I didn't notice any Springfields but I didn't pay close attention to the 1911s as I'm more of a Sig guy. Didn't really look at the Glock prices either but my G19 was 508 there back in June so I'm guessing prices are still around that mark.

(Clinton County)

Well, i was in there last week to buy targets, which i might add is the best and probably ONLY place to get them (unless you want to pay 5 bucks for 5 shoot'n'sees at wally world) and i didn't notice the new owner. I HAVE although noticed a new employee working there who is a bit younger and also open carrys a black pistol of some sort while working. I don't exactly know if he's new though but ive only noticed him in there in the last month or so and i would also like to add that he has been VERY helpfull and an all around nice guy from what i could tell. Almost reminded me of an off duty cop or something, can't tell you why he seems that way to me but nonetheless a great addition to the national's staffing!!!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

lol thats him.

might have to talk the wifey into letting me take a trip down tomorow when she gets home. would really like to narrow it down before i go to buy in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Well, i was in there last week to buy targets, which i might add is the best and probably ONLY place to get them (unless you want to pay 5 bucks for 5 shoot'n'sees at wally world) and i didn't notice the new owner. I HAVE although noticed a new employee working there who is a bit younger and also open carrys a black pistol of some sort while working. I don't exactly know if he's new though but ive only noticed him in ther in the last month or so and i would also like to add that he has been VERY helpfull and an all around nice guy from what i could tell. Almost reminded me of an off duty cop or something, can't tell you why he seems that way to me but nonetheless a great addition to the national's staffing!!!
    I think we're talking about the same guy, light colored almost military/cop cut style hair and pretty young looking? I didn't notice a handgun on him. He's the only new face I've seen in there and I hit that place almost every other week. I just assumed he was the new owner/soon-to-be-new-owner at least.

i should add besides over dressing i have nothing bad to say about him seems nice and all. i just feel funny buying a gun from someone in a suit or dress shoes. im used to buying from folks who look like they shoot them and not just carry or sell them. it'll take some getting used to but as long as everything else stays the same it'll stay my shop of choice.

btw he wasnt open carrying when i saw him. it actually seemed like it was his first time in the place. maybe he's starting to fit in a lil better now

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast