Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01
    Two weeks ago I got my first gun, a 5'' tactical X-45

I took it to the range a few times and I love it. (Its the first gun I actually own, but I've been shooting since Im little.)

I love it, this is the first .45 that I can put several hundred rounds through in one sitting and not have my hand hurt a bit the next day. Love the trigger, accuracy and feel of the gun.

I've been browsing these forums and you guys seem to be big fans of Philla Archery and Gun range in South Philla. Im two blocks away and go there regularly (im thinking of getting a membership next time they have a special).

I would love to shoot differnet subcompact guns to see what I want for a carry gun. If any of you guys want to meet at the range and try mine (and you can bring your own subcompacts for me to try) I'd be more than willing to do it.

Shoot me an email or an instant message.

The XD-45 is a beautifully crafted pistol for the average sized person...althought the 13+1 rd capacity makes it slightly harder to conceal...I plan on purchasing an xd-45 of my own in about 3 weeks or so, but for the mean time i think you guys should check out another great full sized, although it doesnt have the mag cap of the xd, its still a nice fitting gun which breaks down easily for cleaning, and as you said of the xd...can be fired several hundred times in a setting without any punishment to your hand or wrist (and im only 135lbs)...what gun is this you ask? The Ruger P345/P345PR with only 8+1 rd capacity it conceals quite nicely but still maintains the feel of the tried and true colt 1911, the camblock chamber and heavy slide spring reduce recoil so much you would almost swear you were shooting a .25...the p345pr also comes with a picatinny rail which accepts almost every common sized accessory (no speacial order crap like the SW9VE)...now with all this being said i know there are some seuthsayers, so let me squash the bad rap the p345 got initially...when ruger first released the p345 the clip safety plate caused a miss fire to happen if the gun was ever dry fired without the clip (click...no bang o_O) ruger recalled as many of the pistols as they could and has since fixed the problem...the drop plate for the clip safety no longer gets bent by the pin when fired dry...its deffinately a must shoot 45 if you are a .45 enthusiast the accuracy of the gun is incredible with a grouping around the size of a quarter with almost any type of ammo (except vintage military ball ammo which tends to hang fire causing drastic inaccuracy) and i have seen a guy at the range thread a bolt into the barrel of his p345 and fire it to no effect to the gun aside from sticking the clip into the ground, now having said all that about the ruger...the xd has had no reported defects of any kind...making it much more reliable and a gun i would trust my life with (as most of us do) both are great guns but you guys with the big hands...why not just invest the 1300 bucks into an israeli .50mag Dessert Eagle? that gun should fit you giants pretty nicely lol.
    Last edited by Wurlock; June 11th, 2006 at 05:41 AM.

Lol, I'm not that large handed and I really like my XD .45, but I do get your point. I thought about buying a .50 Dessert Eagle, but there's no way that I can conceal a gun the side of a sheet of paper . I haven't shot a p345, but I've shot tons of other Ruger models, but I still don't think they're quite as accurate as some other guns, or like my XD. They are good shooting guns though. I've also seen alot of problems when the gun gets a little dirty, I've shot several p89's and 90 series and have seen guns that just stop cycling. They had only had maybe 150 or 200 rounds through them, and they just would not cycle. I know that the p345 is a polymer framed pistol, and a little higher end, so it might not have this problem, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

(Luzerne County)

Don't do it ! Buy a Glock 21! Shot both and the G21 is by far a better pistol.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Opinions on XD 45

I LUV mine!!!!
    I have a XD .45 and a M&P .40...differences to me are...
    1) the M&P "fits and feels" better in my hands
    2)the XD I shoot ALOT better...I belive due to the fact the sights on the XD are a bit wider, I just seem to see them better, not due to the firearm
    3)the M&P is easier to conceal, compared to the XD
    4)the M&P I have has a mag safety, I like that
    5)the XD has a nicer feeling trigger squeeze
    6)the M&P does not require a squeeze of the trigger to field strip
    7)XD is a .45
    8)M&P holds 15+1...XD 13+1

I really belive you cannot go wrong with either....hope this did not confuse you even more with your decision!LOL

(York County)

I love my XD 45 too. I shot the Glock 27 and XD 40 and 45 before finally choosing the XD 45. Added plus, it has 13rd magazines.
    High Capacity Magazines Its the 4", I though the 5" was too heavy up front. Prolly help with recoil but the 4" is a badass piece.
    Springfield XD
    4" 45ACP
    3 High Capacity Mags
    Tactical Flashlight

(Montgomery County)

I've put about 3000 Thousand rounds through my 9mm XD 3.1inch and yes the top of the chamber has lost it finish. However, if you keep your gun cleaned and oiled and use it, it won't rust.

So buyer beware, if you're worried about the look of your guns finish this one might not be for you. However please note that I've never had a misfire or stove pipe or any problem at all with feeding etc. I do have to mussel the mag a little lately but after 3000 rounds its still in great shape.

(Montgomery County)

just a note, that ALL pistols that use the browning linkless action, such as the glock, Keltec, H&K USP, XD, Sig etc will ALL lose a significant portion of the finish on the top of the barrel hood due to the way that area scrapes the underpart of the slide when the gun unlocks and the slide recoils back.

same with teh muzzle area where the barrel locks up in the slide, wear marks will happen with use.

same thing happens to 1911s, S&W autos, and others with that similar action, and even blowback pistols like Ruger MKIIs and such will get finish wear.

this is not an issue, except for aesthetics, the gun will still function right, and proper maintenance and care prevents any rust or other problems.

It even happens on my HK SOCOM, its how the action is designed.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up Re: Opinions on XD 45

I pickup the XD45 last week and love it.

(Montgomery County)

When you own a gun that fits and shoots this well you could care less about the loss of some finish with its proper operation

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    When you own a gun that fits and shoots this well you could care less about the loss of some finish with its proper operation

you certainly have a point there.

on the old HK USP45 I had i used a dremel polishing wheel to polish the barrel hood to a bright silver, and same with the muzzle.

the muzzle made it easier to clean after extended firing sessions, the top end just showd no more wear.

either way, its no matter.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast