Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just bought a Ruger SR9C compared G26, walther and Kahar.

Just bought a Ruger SR9C compared it to G26, Walther C and mini Kahr PM9. I have 3 Glocks and think they are a great fighting gun. If I would have bought the Glock 26 I could have used the G19 magazines advantage Glock. Glock has a built in reliability factor because of its design, the SR9 is relatively new. Glock, Walther and Kahr have a reputation for quality build and material. All that I still choice the SR9C because it has a great trigger, a 17 round mag and 10 rounder, seems to be built well and is slimmer then the G26 though a little longer. The Walther and Kahr were all built well but $200-$300 more then the Ruger. The Glock was actually only $80 more, time will tell if I will regret this purchase but in past Ruger buys I've been happy with them. This will make my 4th Ruger that I own.

Anybody else made the same comparison. And what can I expect out of the SR9C I got it to replace my P11, in deep cover conceal.
    Last edited by Neko456; October 12th, 2011 at 06:24 PM.

(York County)

Default Re: Just bought a Ruger SR9C compared G26, walther and Kahar.

Recently had a Kahr pm9 stolen from my work van,replaced it with ruger sr9c believe you made a wise decision.also treated myself to a Mitch Rosen holster to boot.damn fine piece of leather it blows away Galco IMHO.

(Centre County)

I'll second your decision. I went in for a Glock when I bought my first carry gun. Walked out with the SR9c. Got it for $200 less, new, and having since shot a Glock, I like the handling better. It may not have the selection of aftermarket parts or holsters, but there's some out there if you look. I'd love to smooth out the trigger a bit with some of the Galloway Precision parts someday.
    "Cave Johnson. We're done here."

I compared an HK to a Glock and bought the HK, but...just busting on ya dude.

A friend of mine carries an SR9c and swears by it. It does feel like it would be a little easier to carry than the G26. He let me put about 30 rds through it a couple months ago and it actually felt pretty good. Group at 7 yds looked like a couple of 12ga. slug holes cut into each other. Kind of has a Buck Rodgers look to it, as well. I liked it.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Luzerne County)

Already had a Ruger LC9 which I liked. Tried a friends' SR9c and I was sold on the series. Only thing I did different was buy the SR40c. Wanted a little more.

(Northampton County)

Just handled a SR9 at the shop today but it was getting late so I didn't try out the SR9C. I'm definitely getting it one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxton Smitz View Post
    Just handled a SR9 at the shop today but it was getting late so I didn't try out the SR9C. I'm definitely getting it one or the other.
    My wife has a SR9, she wants something slightly smaller and easier to operate the controls and next month she is going to get the SR9c.
    I get the hand me downs
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Allegheny County)

After handling an SR9c I really liked it. I hate the LC9. I see no point of the LC9 actually with the LCP and SR9c. You either want small or you want a smallish 9mm. The SR is hardly bigger. And 10x the gun.

I own a G26. So I have no need for the SR9c. If I didn't I would buy the SR9c.

(Allegheny County)

I really like mine about 3000 rounds thru her. At first some light striker hits on the primers causing miss fires. I was on the ruger forum and removed the magazine disconnect never had a missfire since. Here is the link if you want to look at it http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=52057

(Lehigh County)

good guys over there.... josh (jhearne) is the guy to talk to if you ever have any questions about any of the curent sr's... he also gets the priveledge of testing all of galloway precisions stuff before he goes into production... awesome to hear firsthand from an unbiased source on how something worked for your gun...

and like i just said... check out galloway precision... if you have a SR9/40/c he has the parts for you... stainless guide rods, trigger kits, strikers.... alot of good stuff and he is more than willing to answer any question about any of his stuff...

i think i should get a freetrigger upgrade for that plug..... haha good choice with the sr9c... i love my sr9 and trust my life with it after over 2k with no failures (over 500 with no cleaning) with like 7 different types of ammo... glad you like it... id like to get the sr9c but but im saving for the sr1911.... and an AR.... god i have a problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast