Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Positive OC - Five Guy's in York

I was waiting and waiting to see if anyone would post this from Saturday night, but I guess none of the folks I met up with did.

A number of people from the forums here met up at Five Guy's on 30 in York on Saturday night. We all had some great conversations going on and many of us were still around past the time they closed down (Sorry to all those unfortunate employees who stayed for us!) and we all genuinely had a good time. Most of us kept the conversations going on outside and most of the people left with the exception of a few of us who were still talking outside.

Eventually the employees started to leave and one of them stopped dead on his way out the door and looked right at the guy standing next to me, who was OC just like myself. His eyes got really wide and the conversation goes as follows:

Employee: "Whoa! You're armed?"
    Guy: "Yep."
    Employee: "Do you have your permit or something?"
    Guy: "Yes, but I don't need it to carry like this."
    Employee: "Wait... Are all of you armed?"
    Me: "You didn't notice the group of almost 20 people we were inside with all this time?"
    Employee: "Well sure."
    Me: "Every one of those people were armed."
    Employee: "What?"
    Me: "Yep."
    Employee: "No wonder we didn't get robbed."

He then starts spewing on about he just bought this awesome Colt over at Dick's for $300 and blah blah blah... Guy didn't really know what he was talking about but I just nodded my head anyways and let him go about his business.

For the most part, it was a good night. I got to meet a number of cool people and the worst reaction we got was a Hispanic family that almost lost their cookies when they saw a bunch of white guys walking up to the counter to get food with guns on them. I got a good chuckle out of it, but no one else seemed to notice. I guess my SA is just unusually high, especially when I'm out in York.

Default Re: Positive OC - Five Guy's in York

+rep

Good to know that 20 people can spend an evening and not get hassled.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Tioga County)

You didn't bring burgers for the rest of us??

Good story.
    MikeP

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    You didn't bring burgers for the rest of us??

Good story.
    Funny story. I actually didn't even get a burger that night. Stupid me was raging for food when I got home from an after-hours emergency call at work so I ate later in the afternoon and only got some fries... I couldn't leave without having something to cut back an artery somewhere.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by daustin View Post
    Funny story. I actually didn't even get a burger that night. Stupid me was raging for food when I got home from an after-hours emergency call at work so I ate later in the afternoon and only got some fries... I couldn't leave without having something to cut back an artery somewhere.

One of these days I'm going to have to figure out where I've seen you before.

Maybe next time we'll have to get tables more in the middle of the floor, dance on the tables, start a food-fight, something. Maybe we need to take lessons from hippie protestors.

It's always nice to meet up with familiar faces and meet some new ones. Between Lancaster, York, and Adams Counties, we have a considerable number of folks that could attend a get-together or group shoot. I hope we can keep this going. I personally have found all three counties to be friendly to OC at least to the extent that I have yet to have a negative encounter.

Thanks, daustin, for launching this thread, maybe some others will chime in as well.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    One of these days I'm going to have to figure out where I've seen you before.

Maybe next time we'll have to get tables more in the middle of the floor, dance on the tables, start a food-fight, something. Maybe we need to take lessons from hippie protestors.

It's always nice to meet up with familiar faces and meet some new ones. Between Lancaster, York, and Adams Counties, we have a considerable number of folks that could attend a get-together or group shoot. I hope we can keep this going. I personally have found all three counties to be friendly to OC at least to the extent that I have yet to have a negative encounter.

Thanks, daustin, for launching this thread, maybe some others will chime in as well.
    Ha!

I seriously have no idea where we have met before. It could have been a client somewhere... It could have been one of the many jobs I have worked... It could just be me all over the place all the time. I really have no idea.

Either way, Saturday was a good time and I would definitely be down for trying to get more events like that together.

(York County)

Friday was a nice time, I had eaten there about 3 hours befor we all met up. I told the girlfriend that we would only stay for a little while since we had to get up at 4:30 Saturday morning, well it didn't work out that way and we ended up standing outside until 11:00.

I know the male worker with the pony tail noticed my glock, I eat there every Friday and I think it was the first time I ever noticed him look at it.

I would like to do another cook out like the one we did a few months ago in Glen Rock. Shrewsbury Twp park took down their "No Firearms" signs a few weeks ago after I complained, I was thinking that might be a good place for another one

(York County)

I'm glad everyone had a great time. I know I sound like a broken record but eventually I will make to one of these dinners. I got delayed in traffic in MD and barely got my sis to the airport in time for her flight. By the time I got home it was almost 9 and didn't feel like going anywhere else.

It was a good time had by all besides Steve making fun of my pants
    -Ben

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallRabbitry View Post
    Friday was a nice time, I had eaten there about 3 hours befor we all met up. I told the girlfriend that we would only stay for a little while since we had to get up at 4:30 Saturday morning, well it didn't work out that way and we ended up standing outside until 11:00.

I know the male worker with the pony tail noticed my glock, I eat there every Friday and I think it was the first time I ever noticed him look at it.

I would like to do another cook out like the one we did a few months ago in Glen Rock. Shrewsbury Twp park took down their "No Firearms" signs a few weeks ago after I complained, I was thinking that might be a good place for another one
    Did they give you a free tshirt over at Gunbunker and mention the media? LOL

Yes those guys there want another cookout and they want the media and they want their shirts to be seen. LOL

Even weirder is I had a dream yesterday am about going back to that park with my parents and firing a grill up. The whole dream ended up screwed up though, with some tiny house, a girl who thought my dead grandma was in there, and some structure on a rock outcropping full of Harry Potter kid fans. I don't even know if I was OC or not. I did have another dream though where I was with my mom all over Shrewsbury and up and down the Trail and she was shopping and I was OCing at each store and just about trying to get someone to freakin notice.
    LOL, I am a woman...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast