Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Surplus City Sale!

Surplus City in Feasterville, PA is having a big sale now through next week, see Tuesdays and todays Bucks County Courier Times or www.phillyburbs.com for the ad. I stopped in, just to look mind you, and the place was packed. The clerks said that there was a line Tuesday morning before they opened. Also, Dicks is having a big ammo sale on Black Friday, buy one and get the next at half off. They will open the doors at 5:30am. Good hunting and good shooting to all...Mike45

Default Re: Surplus City Sale!

Mike,

thanks for the heads up...sounds like a good deal at Surplus City...I haven't been there yet...perhaps a road trip is in order.

(Berks County)

Mike45,

Sweet! Thanks for the info! Even though I don't really NEED ammo right now, at that price I'll probably pick some up.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

The counter guys at Dick's said that they were dreading Friday. The line would be there at 5:30am and would not stop all day. All I can say is "go for it guys". I saw a Makarov in .380 for $199 at Surplus City, not a bad deal. It was a Russian made pistol. It could easily be classified as a "historical purchase" if anyone were to protest your investment. Have a good holiday...Mike45

(Berks County)

Hey Guys,

FWIW, Dick's was no bargain. I went to the Pottstown store today and they were charging $9.99 for a 50ct box of Remington UMC 9mm. I was able to get the exact same ammo a few weeks back for $6 a box.

Even with the "2nd one half off", it would've been approx $15 per 2 boxes, or $7.50/box. I don't mind paying top dollar for defense ammo, but for 9mm target ammo that seems high to me. I know ammo prices are climbing, but to see prices on this ammo go up almost 60% in a few weeks is crazy.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

FWIW, the counter guy at Dick's Langhorne store said after the first of the year, prices were going to double due to the Chinese buying up so much of the scrap metals in the world. I'll believe it when I see it but that is not a pretty thought...hope to find ammo under the tree this year...Mike45

The cost of steel has more than tripled in the past few years. Not to mention the cost of fuel...that's why ammo prices have gone up 40+ % this year. There will be a price increase of around 20% or so at the beginning of the year. So if you can buy in bulk...NOW is the time.

As far a the Dick's day after Thanksgiving "deal" it was a huge disappointment....Dick's regular ammo prices are higher to begin with, so 25% off per box is not a deal...at least not IMO.