Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig roulette

(Chester County)

Default Sig roulette

Just thought I would give a little feedback. I purchased a P250 sig compact (.40SW) at the valley forge gun show a couple weeks ago, got it lightly used for $350 after tax and fees. When I say lightly I mean it, just barely broken in and aside from the usual slide marks it looked new. Took it to the range/shop this past sunday and in 150 rounds I had 6+ misfeeds and at least 2 stovepipes. I took it out to the front desk and sold it for credit on a glock 22. I know this may sound hasty but if anybody's read a few of these threads it seems approx. 1 in 3 of these 250's has the same issues. And to be fair, my brother purchased the 2 frame package (a full size 250 and a sub-compact with 1 trigger/action assembly) about a year ago and he loves it with no complaints. Don't think the seller knew either, he seemed decent enough.

Let this be a warning to potential sig pistol buyers, as far as I could find they haven't even acknowledged a problem.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Sig roulette

Quote Originally Posted by silkworm View Post
    Let this be a warning to potential sig pistol buyers, as far as I could find they haven't even acknowledged a problem.
    Caveat emptor. Unfortunatey you have just perpetuated your experience to the next purchaser of that pistol. Did you try to give Sig a call to see if they would even try to fix it for you? Lemons happen - I have had a few but I always had the problems fixed (by the manufacturer most of the time) before trading them. But once you have lost confidence in a weapon, it is hard to rationalize keeping it around, even if it was "fixed" .

(Montgomery County)

The P250 has had a bit of a rocky road. The ATF rejected it during testing, however I believe it is standard issue for the Air Marshals.

I think if I were to pick up a polymer SIG it would be the SP2022, though I have to admit the interchangeable components of the 250 sounded like a cool idea when they first announced it. Beretta is going a similar route with their new Nano.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by prospero1919 View Post
    Caveat emptor. Unfortunatey you have just perpetuated your experience to the next purchaser of that pistol. Did you try to give Sig a call to see if they would even try to fix it for you? Lemons happen - I have had a few but I always had the problems fixed (by the manufacturer most of the time) before trading them. But once you have lost confidence in a weapon, it is hard to rationalize keeping it around, even if it was "fixed" .
    Didn't call them, as you said my confidence was gone and I didn't want a fix. I wanted it to be properly made. As far as the next guy, the shop I sold it to is quite fair, not the type to rip people off. They know of the issue and if it can be adressed, they will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by toml View Post
    I think if I were to pick up a polymer SIG it would be the SP2022, though I have to admit the interchangeable components of the 250 sounded like a cool idea when they first announced it. Beretta is going a similar route with their new Nano.
    I agree that the Sig Pro is a nice looking gun as well. I have yet to see one in my local gun shop though so I can add it to my collection :-).

That new Nano looks really cool. Not fond of the fact that you need a punch to break it down but I understand why they did it. I'm excited to hear some range reports when it comes out.

As far as the P250 goes, I have yet to experience any failures with my P250 .40 Compact so far. Put over 1000 rounds down the tube so far and I bought it new. Same story goes for the 9mm exchange kit I got for it as well.

(Northampton County)

My P250c went back to sig for feed and extraction issue's. They sent me a shipping tag, I boxed it and sent it back, they sent it back repaired in abotu 2 weeks. Its been working fine since then. Matter of fact I almost forgot it ever had issue's till reading this.

Theres 2 different versions of P250 series guns out there and both use different mag's. I remember reading the earlier one had issues with mag's and feed issue's.
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.JFK

terrible1, that's a good point regarding the two versions. It seems this pistol is getting condemned for the The earlier version even though they came out with an update version.

Silkworm, what version of the P250 did you have?

Here's a photo showing the difference between the two:

(Chester County)

Judging from the pics, the origional. Glad to hear something was done, I had always considered them a reputable company and I'm not too proud to give them another chance. I have been considering something in 5.56...

(Northampton County)

Mine is the old style according to that pic but pretty sure its barely over a year old. It was ordered direct from Sig. Regardless it runs flawless now.

Hope you enjoy the GLOCK, I EDC one normally and its the go to gun.
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.JFK

Quote Originally Posted by silkworm View Post
    Just thought I would give a little feedback. I purchased a P250 sig compact (.40SW) at the valley forge gun show a couple weeks ago, got it lightly used for $350 after tax and fees. When I say lightly I mean it, just barely broken in and aside from the usual slide marks it looked new. Took it to the range/shop this past sunday and in 150 rounds I had 6+ misfeeds and at least 2 stovepipes. I took it out to the front desk and sold it for credit on a glock 22. I know this may sound hasty but if anybody's read a few of these threads it seems approx. 1 in 3 of these 250's has the same issues. And to be fair, my brother purchased the 2 frame package (a full size 250 and a sub-compact with 1 trigger/action assembly) about a year ago and he loves it with no complaints. Don't think the seller knew either, he seemed decent enough.
    You give so little in firsthand FACTS that I can't value your opinion much.

What ammo was used?
    Did you clean and inspect the pistol (and magazine) before shooting?
    Were the misfeeds always the first or last round?

You have nothing but "internet posts" to back up your
    "1 in 3" have problems claim.