Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Targetmaster in Chadds Ford, PA

I live about 5-10 minutes from Targetmaster and have been to their range twice. I've heard a few people saying that they're a little higher priced and unfriendly. I have to say, I had the exact opposite experience. It was great!

I bought a Ruger SR9 from there a few days ago (have the SR9C currently and wanted another 9mm for the collection), and the kid behind the counter was extremely friendly/knowledgeable and had us out of there in 20 minutes (at like 8PM on a Saturday). There were plenty of other people in the store, but literally I stood there for less than 5 seconds before he came up and asked if he could help me out.

The PICS check was done in only a few minutes, and because I bought the gun from them, the paperwork was only $5! The SR9 locally at Targetmaster was only $20-30 ($429) more than the cheapest online pricing I could find from BudsGunShop, using their cash price which takes 5-6 days. Instead, I paid $20-30 more to see the gun in person before I bought it, and take it home immediately. On top of that, the kid behind the counter is my go-to guy from now on. He answered every question I had thoroughly and didn't give you that feeling that he was talking down to you.

A week or two before, I bought a range bag, glasses, ear protection and ammo from them and spent another $200+. That was another great experience!

Overall, I'm very happy that I'm shopping with them and supporting the local business. The 10% difference in price is worth getting it same-day, and their range is awesome! I will be buying a husband/wife range package, some night sights and more very soon!
    Last edited by ckk09; October 4th, 2011 at 12:09 AM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Targetmaster in Concordville, PA

there's a Targetmaster in Concordville? I think you meant Chadds Ford.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Montgomery County)

Whoops, yeah - I guess it is Chadds Ford.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Targetmaster in Chadds Ford, PA

I've gotta agree with you, every time I go the employees are nothing but helpfull. They're more than willing to spend the time with you going over the different makes and models you might be interested in, and they also have many of the most popular for rent so you can get a feel for each before you purchase.
    I'm not sure why they got the bad rap, but I've heard it too. Price wise they may be a couple of bucks higher on a couple things but the majority of their pistols and rifles were on par with competitors. .40 SW ammo was actually cheaper there than at Valley Forge gun show!

(Delaware County)

Its a good place with good inventory.

In before targetmaster haters....
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    there's a Targetmaster in Concordville? I think you meant Chadds Ford.
    Don't want to get into a geography lesson, but it is in Concord Twp. Chadds Ford community is on the other side of 202 from the range.

(Montgomery County)

Concordville, PA - Glen Mills, PA - Chadds Ford, PA, all within 30 seconds of each other - so I had a 1/3 shot in being right

I know there's a ton of Targetmaster haters, but that doesn't bother me. There were a lot of Apple haters for like 20 years, just because they heard from a friend of a friend that Windows was better. Within the last 5 years, they're all using an Apple product!

I make my own conclusions about people/businesses, and in this case - Targetmaster hasn't done me wrong yet!

(Delaware County)

i want to bring this back because they really pissed me off a week ago. i am not a hater, i have bought several guns from there and have used their range.

i needed a pistol shipped to an FFL in WV. i called to ask if they would ship it for me because i know they can use USPS. i asked for a quote, i was told to bring the gun in so they could see it to give me a price. i told them it was a kahr P45. they sell the same gun there, they know the size of it. they said they couldn't help me unless i brought it in. i live 20+ miles away, they said unless we see the gun they can't give me a quote.

well i shipped it at Kings in KOP for $21.

that really ticked me off. just thought i would let others know

I had my WASR 10 shipped there last year, they were expensive, $50 for the transfer. I use other ffl's now. I can't remember the person's name who actually took care of the transfer, but they were very helpful and informative. Gave me some great advice on where to join so I could actually shoot the gun and learn how to use it. I've stopped in there a couple of times. It's normally very busy and a lot of the workers seem stressed out.

They have a great selection ranging from cowboy to tacticool, they are one of the few stocking Colt dealers in my vicinity.

Bought my 6920 from them. The price was a bit inflated, but they were the only dealer in my area that had one in stock. (and I don't know what they had to pay to obtain one at the time)

Bought a Sig P229r SCT from them, they have a large selection of Sig's.

Never shot there, but I've thought about it more than once because it's the only place near me which rents full auto. The last time that I checked a yearly membership for a married couple was reasonably priced, and included a few decent perks like free firearms rental, use of the club lounge, some basic 'smithing, and a cleaning or two.

I've been treated rudely there once or twice over the years, but they seem to be exceptions which happen from time to time at most gun stores. The place reminds me of car dealership, they move that many guns. You won't always get the personal service you want, or the price you want, but they generally have the stock.
    Last edited by ForwardAssist; February 25th, 2012 at 10:07 AM.

"X is what percentage of Y?" Divide the first number by the second, multiply the answer by 100. Add a percent sign. Think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast