Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Next wave of surplus firearms?

Im sure this has come up on a thread before, just curious on others opinions. What does everyone think will be the next wave of surplus firearms, if any? I think we can all rule out surplus m16/m4, the m14, and pretty much any gun that is full auto that the BATF won't want people converting back to full auto. So that leaves us with the m9, the barret 50 cal, and the remington 700. Any ideas on other surplus gun or is the era of surplus weapons finally reaching its end?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Next wave of surplus firearms?

There is the added problem of there currently being some kind of decree that nothing recent can be surplused, hence why they're pulling bullets rather than selling whole surplus ammo and also why there aren't any old M16A1 and A2 uppers and other parts being sold when they should be. We need a MAJOR overhaul of the status quo.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Chester County)

I also think it's a good way to put some money towards the mountain of debt the country is in. I think a sizeable chunk of change could be made if the government sold old rifles, pistols, and parts to the American public. It wouldn't topple our debt crisis, but it would certainly be a move in the right direction IMO

(Bucks County)

Is there really much surplus armament that is in any shape to resell? Daughter's ex-boyfriend was instructor at Indiantown Gap then served in Afghanistan. I got the impression from him that the equipment is pretty beat up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    There is the added problem of there currently being some kind of decree that nothing recent can be surplused, hence why they're pulling bullets rather than selling whole surplus ammo and also why there aren't any old M16A1 and A2 uppers and other parts being sold when they should be. We need a MAJOR overhaul of the status quo.
    If I can't get a surplus M-16, I'd settle for an F-16.

An F-16? I'd take a C-130. They actually have one on trade-a-plane but you have to have DOD approval. And I don't think the DOD would approve me...
    If only ammo was cheap. Wait. I reload. Darn .22 lr.

Well there is that stash of M1 Garands sitting in warehouses in South Korea. I think in the end they will be released for sale and for a short time will be available at a relatively low price.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Well there is that stash of M1 Garands sitting in warehouses in South Korea. I think in the end they will be released for sale and for a short time will be available at a relatively low price.
    You really think so?

I haven't delved enough into it to form an opinion. I'd love it if that were the case... Just don't know if I trust our government to do it.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    You really think so?

I haven't delved enough into it to form an opinion. I'd love it if that were the case... Just don't know if I trust our government to do it.
    Yeah, I think they will. Once Obama is out next election I think NRA pressure on the candidates before the election will have sway. Couple that with the government looking for two nickles to rub together and I think the outcome is in our favor.

Positive vibes man, send out positive vibes!
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    We can only hope!
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast