Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lanco Tactical

(Dauphin County)

Default Lanco Tactical

Doesn't appear that there is a thread for this relatively "new" shop in town, so I figure I'll give the owner his spot here.

I live in Elizabethtown and I recently heard news we got a fourth gun shop in town. I was quite happy to hear this, but also confused as to why we have so many. Well, it appears that it is driving competition fierce. Trop and Kinsey's... Well they seem to be losing business quickly. Rightfully so. Their businesses really stink.

I had been going to Steve at Bullseye Shooters Source in town, but it seems like lately if you aren't one of the "good old boys" in his crew, he will only lie to you and refuse to actually do any kind of work. He screwed me on parts for a pistol, screwed me on getting in shipments, gave me rude attitudes, won't return my calls... Needless to say I was about sick of his crap.

Anyways, I found out about Lanco and immeditely paid him a visit. He might only be getting started here in Elizabethtown, but he has been an FFL for 10 years and been running a small shop out of his house for all of that time. He finally got a new shop and is really working to stock it up and get a very nice layout. Even for being new, he has a great stock with absolutely unbeatable prices. He had no problem answering at least 40 calls in 20 minutes himself with a very professional courtesy, all while still holding a great conversation with myself and providing great professional advice. Did I mention his prices were awesome?

I had no intention of buying anything that day, but I picked up a nice Don Hume holster and a magazine for my Glock for under $50 total. He is an authorized Glock dealer, so he gets to sell at amazing prices for those, as well as all of the long guns and AR's he has around. He also stocks silencers since he is an NFA Class II dealer/manufacturer. I think I saw a sign on the wall that he does all transfers (person to person as well as auction/shipment) for a flat $23.20.

What an awesome shop to have around here!

Stop in and see Nathan and talk to him for a while. He loves talking to his customers and does not pressure any kind of sales.

www.lancotactical.com
    498 West High Street
    Elizabethtown, PA 17022
    (717) 367-7221

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Lanco Tactical

I stumbled on his shop about a month ago - he's well off of the beaten path so it was pure chance that I saw it and he was just opening for the day.

He seems like a good guy & he has a nice shop. The selection was a bit limited, but I'll be going back again soon to have another look.

(Dauphin County)

While at the recent Harrisburg Gun show, out of all the vendors I talked to, the folks from the Lanco Tactial booth were the most helpful and curtious and help people. While I wasn't really in the market for anything specific, i ended up spending a couple hundred in AR parts. I will definitely be visiting them again.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I stumbled on his shop about a month ago - he's well off of the beaten path so it was pure chance that I saw it and he was just opening for the day.

He seems like a good guy & he has a nice shop. The selection was a bit limited, but I'll be going back again soon to have another look.
    I am sure if we give him some time the shops will get more and more in for customers to look at. Its an uncertain time for small businesses and you need to take baby steps. Even with being in business for years, start up in an actual brick and mortar really takes a toll on your operating capital. It seems it always cost more than you expect.
    <a href=http://vigitac.com target=_blank>http://vigitac.com</a>

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilance View Post
    I am sure if we give him some time the shops will get more and more in for customers to look at. Its an uncertain time for small businesses and you need to take baby steps. Even with being in business for years, start up in an actual brick and mortar really takes a toll on your operating capital. It seems it always cost more than you expect.
    This is so very true. Especially now, when larger corporations are charging so much more, but stomp out the smaller companies to pave the way to a competition-free market.

I will be going back to Lanco this week hopefully to get a better look at some more of his Glock parts and accessories.

(Berks County)

I've been going to Nathan for over 2 years when I'm in E-town. Glad he is getting a shop opened up.

As for Bullseye - I called about having a 1911 sight replaced and never even got a call back. Took it to Trop and while I dislike most of the staff there, the gunsmith Tim was super nice.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by keystoneman 85 View Post
    I've been going to Nathan for over 2 years when I'm in E-town. Glad he is getting a shop opened up.

As for Bullseye - I called about having a 1911 sight replaced and never even got a call back. Took it to Trop and while I dislike most of the staff there, the gunsmith Tim was super nice.
    I will also gladly continue sending him my business as well as those whom I encounter. I stopped in last night again, got some great information from Nathan, as well as another great brief conversation. We went back and forth for a bit on some different Glock-related topics and I picked up some more equipment I have been looking for.

(Lancaster County)

I have been purchasing firearms from and doing internet transfers with Nathan for about 10 years. His prices are unbeatable and customer service is second to none. Congrats Nathan on your new store!!

(Lebanon County)

I was there earlier this week; went in to browse & walked out with a Stag Arms Model 3 AR-15 with a few tweaks: YHM flip down front & rear sights, FAD MACO Magwell Grip, custom ejection port cover etched with "MOLON LABE", C-Line 30 rd mags w/ anti-tilt followers x 4;

content

(Perry County)

I bought my Spike's lower from Lanco Tactical at a gun show a few months ago. The 2 guys that I was talking to were very nice and helpful, especially as I was new to ARs.

However, I thought the business card that I got said that you had to have an appointment to come in? Maybe this has changed since then? Maybe he was still working out of his house at the time?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast