Thread: Walther PPS

Default Walther PPS

Does anyone own one ? Heard anything about them? Please enlighten me. das
    [SIGPIC]

Default Re: Walther PPS

Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=walther+pps+reviews
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Bucks County)

I have one and am very pleased with it. Never had any issues with it from day one, eats anything I put through it. Highly concealable. I have big hands and had tried many gun's when I decided to upgrade my CCW. The 7 round mag's allow me to get 3 fingers on the grip. I carry it in a Super Tuck IWB holster and it is invisible on me. I would recommend it but the ultimate decision comes down to you.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/

(Allegheny County)

You should definitely handle this one before purchase. I like Walther, but when I picked this one up, it felt wrong to me, as did the mag release, and I put it right back down. Probably personal preference, but check it out in person.
    Stay frosty....

(Warren County)

I've had one since they first came out. I've got about 500 rounds without issue and I love it. It's my carry piece the majority of the time. Its small, accurate and reliable can't ask for more.

Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Chester County)

Das - did you end up buying one? I am considering the PPS as well.

(Philadelphia County)

I bought one about 6 or so months ago and love it. It is my everyday CCW and have put about 500 rounds through it with no issue. I have an 8,7,and 6 round magazine and nothing has had the slightest hiccup. The mag release is odd at first but now I've grow quite used to it and really enjoy the position. I second anyones choice to purchase.

Oshuwah - If you shoot at Classic, Target, or the French Creek state game lands let me know and I will let you shoot mine. Cheers

(Montgomery County)

My uncle bought one recently and I just shot it this weekend. I have to say, its a great little gun. I really like the trigger reset - its nice and short. If there are any drawbacks I would say two things - the mag release being one (for most people used to the conventional placement). Its definitely different than most. Honestly, I kind of like it once you get used to it. Often times I feel the magazine falling out of my Kahr PM9. I'm a fairly big guy (6' 230lbs) and when the gun is in the holster it occasionally pushes in the mag release. NOT GOOD!! If I ever had to use my weapon, it'd be game over if the magazine wasn't in all the way. Second, as it goes with most Walther guns, the magazines are extremely expensive. If you intend on buying additional mags, plan on spending at least $50 a piece.

(Northampton County)

I picked up a PPS (9mm) and fired it for the first time last week. I like it a lot, but as others mentioned the mag release will take some practice before I feel proficient with it. My wife was able to get it to jam twice, but both a friend and I never had a problem with it. I think the wife was just limp-wristing it after getting tired from too much shooting with the Sig 40 cal. As my wife pointed out, the Sig NEVER jams on her, but some pistols are just a bit less forgiving and that might be the case here.

(Chester County)

Hey everyone thanks for the feedback!

I think I am going to pick one up. I sold my G26 Gen4 last year. It was great but I always wanted something a little thinner. I see the XDs is coming out which should also be a great CCW piece but I don't want to carry a 45.

Now the only problem is I really like the finish on the first edition but they are going for around $1k on gunbroker...more than double what the standard black is going for.

I could buy an XDs and and a PPS for that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast