Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Jon Stewart attacks the NRA on the Daily Show 9/29/11

Originally Posted by XACEX View Post
    I was screaming "FAST AND FURIOUS" and "PROJECT GUNRUNNER YOU #&*^@%!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Allright. Two political facepalms, that are hardly anti-gun.

Are you nuckin futz?!?!? Those "projects" were bungled attempts at creating events that would welcome anti 2A activity by Obumbo and Holder. Hardly anti-gun!?!? Please tell me I misunderstood you.

And yes, Bush was a progressive statist Repubic-an whose 2A stance at the time was applauded by Democratic Senators Dianne Feinstein and Chuck Schumer for his stance. It took Republicans to keep him in check and allow the Democrat AWB to expire. Bush was no friend of 2A.
    Hold the Line...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by doubletap99 View Post
    So did W. Bush.

But he's a republican, so let's hear the parade of excuses why it's different when he did it.

I don't recall ever defending GW, can you show me where I did?

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    LOL@all you guys jumping to the NRA's defense, as if they actually did anything to help Second Amendment rights in PA, anyway. Remember when their liaison tried to derail Castle Doctrine here? Derp!

The NRA is worthless, and all of you are acting as if John Stewart is an actual journalist, instead of a comedian. Derp!

I may have missed it but can you show me where anyone defended the NRA. You do know it is possible to report the news in a comedic fashion. The Daily Show may call themselves fake news yet they report on real news, have reporters, stand with all the "real" reporters during things like presidential elections and even have editorial sections on their show. Sounds like news to me, DERP!

Quote Originally Posted by comsubin61 View Post
    I believe that my fellows soldiers would not harm civilians because the goverment would want to impose complete authority, heck they don't have too, obama has shown us that already.
    I believe that our soldiers have sworn to defend our country, our constitution against all enemies, foreign or not.
    If they don't them all the guns and ar 15's in the world wont matter against the type of weapons they have to their disposal.

Like in Katrina where National Guard disarmed US citizens.
    Last edited by ByAnyMeans; October 1st, 2011 at 05:13 PM. Reason: spelling

(Indiana County)

The NRA is worthless, and all of you are acting as if John Stewart is an actual journalist, instead of a comedian. Derp!
    That line's been blurred for a long time now.

(Chester County)

Jon Stewart is a liberal moron. I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.
    God Created Man. Sam Colt made them equal.
    FU BHO.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Just my two cents on the matter. Personally, I think the NRA has done nothing for me. I'm pro 2A, but I don't hunt. It seems if you aren't a hunter, they don't give a damn about you.
    The fact that you are a gun owner in 2011 is not due to the goodwill and constitional respect of our esteemed elected official alone. I find your above statement to be naive.
    God Created Man. Sam Colt made them equal.
    FU BHO.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by son of the revolution View Post
    Bolded blue part by me

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The Constitution is NOT a " living document "

Quote " and if a change would be needed to adapt it to our current way of life, then so be it. After all it is 200 yrs old, and those who wrote it could not foresee what is happening in the world."

Do you really not grasp that that is EXACTLY what Gun Control proponents ALWAYS say as a justification for ever more gun control ??!?!

Following your logic, the Founders could not have foreseen the development of type writers, computers, email , cell phones, etc So we should all go back to writing with a quill and parchment . After all, words are responsible for more deaths throughout human history then every weapon ever devised combined !

We've already lost significant portions of the 10th, 4th, 5th ,14th and other Amendments with the excuse that " The Founders could never have foreseen XYZ " when they wrote the Constitution.

PLEASE scrub this mindset from your brain post haste !

I humbly suggest you get a copy of the book " The 5000 Year Leap " and devour it and its message.

Thank you for the suggestion. I actualy purchased it and downloaded to my Iphone. I have read about half of it and I must say that I am enjoying it very much. Thank you again, I don't think it will change completely the way I think but it is shaping up to be very informative. Again thank you for being constructive in your criticism and not judgemental.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

Quote Originally Posted by ByAnyMeans View Post
    I don't recall ever defending GW, can you show me where I did?.
    Never meant to imply that you did...It was a separate general statement, I should have clarified.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoomStick View Post
    The fact that you are a gun owner in 2011 is not due to the goodwill and constitional respect of our esteemed elected official alone. I find your above statement to be naive.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345