Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: For all of the CC Glock fans... What holster?

NTAC or Armodillo Kydex Holsters !

I think Kydex looks great with Glocks, XD's, and M&P's.
    The two above companies are the best at what they do.
    Armodillo offers .60 mil and .90 mil. in about 5 or 6 different colors.
    They also make matching mag carriers both double and single.
    I ordered a holster from Armodillo for my 3.8 XD 40 in Urban Digi Camo, .90 mil with matching single mag carrier. It cost me $105 total and everything fits like a glove. No squeakiness or friction like a leather and a smooth quiet draw.
    Both leather and Kydex cause holster wear so I wouldn't worry about it. So far my gun has none. I don't like kydex for a 1911 or steel frame guns but for poly framed guns Kydex sure looks sharp !
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by daustin View Post
    Looks like those are on backorder just about everywhere. I checked Midway USA and they anticipate delivery in possibly January of next year.
    I have a brand new one if any of you guys are looking for one. $15.00 shipped to your front door.
    Please email me at glocking26@aol.com
    Thanks mike

(Monroe County)

Glock combat holster, it is very cheap but I have not found a better holster that rides high and keeps the gun into my body. It's also thin and light so it does not add to the weight or thickness of carrying.

(Mercer County)

When I carry my G29 it always in side armor.

A Tupperware firearm deserves a Tupperware Holster
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

I carry the Glock 36 IWB with a Cross Breed and OWB with a Fobus.

I was a kydex man, I have since switched to leather and haven't looked back. Just way more comfortable.

I like Woolfe and UBG

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

I used a Crossbreed Super Tuck for another gun I was carrying and plan to either get that for my 23 or one of the other similar (Comp-tac, Kholster) holsters because they are great for CC in both comfort and concealment.

Right now when I CC it is with a Serpa OWB with shirt over it and it pretty much works, but I am not that concerned with staying fully concealed.

The DeSantis Sof Tuck looks like one to try, and for the price you really could get it and try it and then decide it isn't working out for you.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Philadelphia County)

I have two holsters for my G26; a Raven Phantom kydex and a Glock Sport Combat. The Raven can be configured IWB or OWB. Lately I'm liking OWB carry. Interestingly enough I like both holsters about equally. The wait times for Raven have gotten extremely long so it's hard to recommend them but it is a very well made product.

(Dauphin County)

All good information to have. I am starting right now with three holsters and changing them around to find comfort and drawing proficiency. I am mostly using my Safariland OWB paddle holster, but I also have a Don Hume JIT slider as well as a Don Hume IWB holster. The IWB one works well, especially for something to grab quick and go. It's a good one to have in the car in case I need to do a last minute switch from OWB to IWB. I also picked up a 5.11 casual wear tactical belt.. One of the leather ones with a kydex insert between the leather layers. It makes carrying so much better as it is no longer pulling on my pants/shorts when I carry, draw, or re-holster my weapon. I randomly draw my weapon when I am around the house and aim it at a small object approximately 10-15 feet away just to really get a feel for drawing and aiming quickly and making it instinct should I ever need to act.

I am considering the Crossbreed holster simply because of the raving reviews not only here, but just about everywhere else as well.

Thanks to everyone for the input. I find that my Glock 36 is a very comfortable and reliable firearm to carry.

(Montgomery County)

Sparks Summer Special II all the way. G19.

Rides at proper height and cant (as previous poster mentioned, the VM-2 can tend to ride a bit high with certain model pistols, in my experience, but is otherwise among the cream of the crop; I own or have owned one for almost every gun I have ever carried).

The SS2 is also pretty minimalistic (small "footprint"), has the leather rough side out, is rock-solid on a true 1.5" gun belt, and is usually available without any wait time from Brownells...

So there's my Glock IWB choice. If I had to choose an off the shelf kydex IWB, I have been pleased with the DeSantis Scorpion. But I far prefer leather in general, and the SS2 in particular.

Regards,

Bones

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast