Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Sell me on the Glock 21 !

I've always wanted a gun in 45acp. However, I don't feel like spending over 1 grand on a new 1911 and dealing with common issues. I'm currently carrying a gen 4 glock 22. I love it, no issues, over 1500 rounds through it. It's my EDC and I have no problems concealing it. That being said, what is it that sold you on the glock 21? I'd likely go with a new gen 4 G21. Any experiences with the glock 21 of any gen, go ahead and share them..

I like the capacity. I'm only losing 2 rounds, stepping down from 15+1 to 13+1. I certainly wouldn't feel under gunned with 14 rounds of 230gr jhp on tap.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Venango County)

Default Re: Sell me on the Glock 21 !

I was going to get a gen 4 21 but then I fell in love with the 10mm after shooting a friends glock 20. I should be getting my 20sf on Saturday.

(Bucks County)

I would say the best part is that you are already extremely familiar with the platform, which is excellent because you will be carrying it. I have a 1911 but my next purchase will be a Glock 21. There is also something cool about having 45ACP Glock in my opinion, mostly because it is different from what everyone else is shooting.

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Sell me on the Glock 21 !

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Any experiences with the glock 21 of any gen, go ahead and share them..
    Have you ever held and pointed a Glock 21?

What are the real gains which you hope to realize by making a change from a 22 to a 21?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yentl Marmelstein View Post
    Have you ever held and pointed a Glock 21?

What are the real gains which you hope to realize by making a change from a 22 to a 21?
    No, I havent. I have heard the POI/POA is abnormal on the G21 models, though I don't know why and nobody has ever gone into detail on it.

What am I hoping to gain? Well, I like the 45acp round for one. I won't be losing much capacity. I also like the recoil characteristics of a 45acp over a 40sw, but haven't fired a 45acp glock so I don't know how different it is. I think the 45acp is slightly more reassuring during cold weather where a jhp might become clogged and turn into ball ammo. However, I will be carrying 180gr 40sw shortly, so I suppose that would take care of that issue..
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

I've always wanted a gun in 45acp. However, I don't feel like spending over 1 grand on a new 1911 and dealing with common issues.
    I don't know of a lot of issues coming on 1911's being built, today. Everyone is putting out a reliable 1911; even Taurus and the Asian builders. That being said, the G21 is definitely reliable enough, but it has the DAO trigger, which I guess you are aware of. You are not going to get groups on paper like you would a 1911, or a USP, for that matter, but it is a good gun, overall. It has the typical loose slide feel and a mild clunky feeling while shooting it, but it stays together. It is fairly light, and with +P ammo, it feels almost like a 10mm. The non SF has a big ass grip, too, so if your hands are medium to small, check out the short frame G21. I bought a couple to have something I could beat on in .45 and they work fine.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

No, I havent. I have heard the POI/POA is abnormal on the G21 models, though I don't know why and nobody has ever gone into detail on it.
    Nothing abnormal on the two I have except one hits about an inch lower than the other at 25 yards. The abnormal thing may be the people who cannot master the trigger and then blame the gun. Very common pheenom.

Edit: I've never adjusted the elevation on the sights, but it would be easy to do. One inch for what I use them for is very insignificant.
    Last edited by harold63; September 29th, 2011 at 11:46 AM.

I have a G21.

Pros:
    Glock dependability.
    .45 ACP
    Large capacity.
    Relatively inexpensive.

Cons:
    They're big, fat & ugly.

Since you already own a G22, you know what you can expect out of the 21. I'd pass on the Glock night sights & go with a set of Heinie Straight Eights, or Hacks. They're at the top of my list for upgrades for mine.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    I have a G21.

Cons:
    They're big, fat & ugly.
    I failed to mention this. Very good of you to do so.

(Venango County)

I think ugly is a bit subjective. I personally like the looks of the glock.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast