Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Finally Got my LTCF

I remember when I turned 18 and bought my first rifle as an "adult" thinking three more years until I can buy a pistol and get a license to carry. Four years later I remember buying my first pistol and wondering why did I wait an extra year to get one and why I still hadn't gotten around to getting a LTCF. Today, better late than never, I received my LTCF in the mail. What a feeling. It is like getting a driver's license all over again. I'm kicking myself now for taking so long to get around to it. All in all, it's one of the top things I've ever done. What really pushed me to get off my ass and do it was this site. It's nice to know that I live in a state where despite all it's fault's it still respects citizen's rights more than a lot of other states. It's even nicer to know that there are A LOT of like minded individuals in the state.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Finally Got my LTCF

Congratulations on being approved by the government to exercise a right supposedly protected from that government by two separate Constitutions.

Thumbs up Re: Finally Got my LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by mattaias1 View Post
    I remember when I turned 18 and bought my first rifle as an "adult" thinking three more years until I can buy a pistol and get a license to carry. Four years later I remember buying my first pistol and wondering why did I wait an extra year to get one and why I still hadn't gotten around to getting a LTCF. Today, better late than never, I received my LTCF in the mail. What a feeling. It is like getting a driver's license all over again. I'm kicking myself now for taking so long to get around to it. All in all, it's one of the top things I've ever done. What really pushed me to get off my ass and do it was this site. It's nice to know that I live in a state where despite all it's fault's it still respects citizen's rights more than a lot of other states. It's even nicer to know that there are A LOT of like minded individuals in the state.
    Congrats, just know the laws, so not to get hemmed up over technicalities.
    SECONDS matter when the Police are MINUTES away!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mattaias1 View Post
    And bear in mind that your LTCF is good in another 20 states thats nearly half the country, I just Got back from a vacation in Florida where i carried my Glock 26 the whole time even at the beach.

Congrats man!

(Luzerne County)

I'm curious how you managed to get it in the mail. In Luzerne County we go to the Courthouse Annex and it's issued there in person.

(Tioga County)

Welcome to the LTCF club!
    MikeP

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRoy View Post
    I'm curious how you managed to get it in the mail. In Luzerne County we go to the Courthouse Annex and it's issued there in person.
    In Susq. county you go in, fill out the paper work and they take your picture. A few days later they call your references. If everything is fine they send the actual LTCF in the mail a few days latter to your house. ALthough I wish that they issues it on the spot in person, I'm just happy that they issue it in a reasonable timeframe. Overall I would take it took on the short side of two week. (I applied on a Friday.)

(Luzerne County)

It took all of 15 minutes to walk out with the permit. Sidenote... went to a bank yesterday other than my own to cash a check, the teller asked for two forms of ID so I handed her my drivers license and my ccw permit since they are both photo ID. The gun was in the truck while I was in the bank. Don't know if because it was a gun permit but she looked back and forth between the two over and over. Don't know if that made her nervous.