Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Chris Christie for Prez ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    I am ABO2012=ANYONE BUT OBAMA

I was thinking Perry would be good but his kid gloves on illegal immigrants concern me. Some think h does not have a chance but I actually like Hermann Cain. He has ran a business, is not soft on illegal immigrants, and believes in equal rights for all and not special rights for some.

I will say all of the Republicans will do much better than Obama and I am a lifelong Democrat who has been disillusioned with the party for some time.
    might want to give this a read before giving praise to Cain about being a "businessman". he doesn't have the slightest idea what he's talking about in a monetary and fiscal sense (unless, of course, you're a fan of Keynesian economics):

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/one-wee...economy-great/

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    If he wasn't anti gun and pro law enforcement, I would vote for him. Schools should be privatized as an education is not a Constitutional Right in any state or federal constitutions. You want your kids educated, you pay for it out of pocket. This tax everyone bullshit is a huge social policy failure.

CL
    a right, absolutely not, but our PA constitution does speak about public education in Article III, Section 14 and Section 15.

Public School System
    Section 14.

"The General Assembly shall provide for the maintenance and support of a thorough and efficient system of public education to serve the needs of the Commonwealth."

Public School Money Not Available to Sectarian Schools
    Section 15.

"No money raised for the support of the public schools of the Commonwealth shall be appropriated to or used for the support of any sectarian school. C. National Guard"

I don't agree with that, but it does say it.
    Last edited by andrewjs18; October 3rd, 2011 at 01:27 AM.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    If he wasn't anti gun and pro law enforcement, I would vote for him. Schools should be privatized as an education is not a Constitutional Right in any state or federal constitutions. You want your kids educated, you pay for it out of pocket. This tax everyone bullshit is a huge social policy failure.

CL
    It's not in our declaration of rights but this comes awfully close in PA:
    "The General Assembly shall provide for the maintenance and support of a thorough and efficient system of public education to serve the needs of the Commonwealth." Pa. Const. art. III, sec. 14.
    Do you mean that Pennsylvania could create this system of public education, and then because no one has a right to it, deny everyone access to it?

Check out some of North Carolina's provisions, which are even closer:
    "The people have a right to the privilege of education, and it is the duty of the State to guard and maintain that right." Art. I, sec. 15.
    "Religion, morality, and knowledge being necessary to good government and the happiness of mankind, schools, libraries, and the means of education shall forever be encouraged." Art. IX, sec. 1.
    "The General Assembly shall provide by taxation and otherwise for a general and uniform system of free public schools . . ." Art. IX, sec. 2(1).
    "The General Assembly shall provide that every child of appropriate age and of sufficient mental and physical ability shall attend the public schools, unless educated by other means." Art. IX, sec. 3.
    A right and a duty, I guess...

I don't speak to the validity of these constitutional provisions or their public policy justifications, but state constitutions do speak on these matters.

(Monroe County)

Christie is anti-gun rights. You may as well stay with Obama.

Any anit-gun legislation that comes through Obama, will be fought tooth and nail by United Republicans.

Someone like Christie on the other hand would compromise our gun rights and be able to get half of the Republicans and all Democrats to go along with him.

SECONDS matter when the Police are MINUTES away!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234