Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Light rails

(Schuylkill County)

Default Light rails

Is it just me or do alot of you others think that the light rail on a pistol looks stupid, i know its just a sales thing but i wish they would not put them on. on a pistol they are in my oppinion useless. i carry a seperate flashlight at all times, and to me it doesnt seem like a good idea to have one on the pistol. i didnt put one on my rifle when i served and i didnt use one when i was an LEO and now in the private protection business i see no need for it to be attached to the pistol, maybe i'm wrong i dont know. any thoughts would be helpfull.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Light rails

I tend to disagree with you on that one. I keep a light on my nightstand gun just for pure function. For ME it's easier to switch that light on than carry a separate light with me. But that's just me. Also if you don't want to put anything on your light rail that's cool but at least you have the ability to do so.
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Schuylkill County)

I see your point on that one i just think they make a pistol look a little stupid, i would put one a pistol for home but i use a rifle for that and i do have lights on those.

(Westmoreland County)

Semi-related...here is a thread about how people feel about rails on 1911's!
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pistols-4...tac-rails.html

I don't care for them either, but they do have their place. I really don't like them on the new Desert Eagles...

Fuctional? Yes, but isn't this what a rifle is for? It just ruins the classic appeal for me...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    Semi-related...here is a thread about how people feel about rails on 1911's!
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pistols-4...tac-rails.html

I don't care for them either, but they do have their place. I really don't like them on the new Desert Eagles...

Fuctional? Yes, but isn't this what a rifle is for? It just ruins the classic appeal for me...
    I agree on the DE. When I had mine they didn't even make it with the pic rail on top.

(Jefferson County)

My friends and family call them "show the bad guy where to shoot lights".

I can see how they may be of use at home, but one a carry pistol they are a joke.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Schuylkill County)

And to put one on a 1911 has got to be the worst thing ever done to the perfect combat pistol ever made. they look so ugly and serve no purpose on a 1911.

(Chester County)

Light rails: For when you absolutely, positively, need to violate gun safety Rule #1.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rule10b5 View Post
    Light rails: For when you absolutely, positively, need to violate gun safety Rule #1.
    Another good point if its on the gun where you point the light you point the muzzle and in my home i dont want to end up covering my fiancee or my kids.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    Another good point if its on the gun where you point the light you point the muzzle and in my home i dont want to end up covering my fiancee or my kids.
    That's why she stays in the bedroom with her gun and waits for you to get back.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast