Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Lawrence County)

Default Re: Transporting in (the people's republic of) New Jersey (I know I know)

This is... asinine. I'm trying to comprehend this and see just how this makes sense. The short end of it seems that it's pretty much illegal for anyone to transport a handgun in NJ unless it's for a few very specific purposes. So if you have business in NJ, then you're pretty much screwed. If you have to travel through NJ, then you're screwed unless you detour around the state. I'm glad my CO already asked if I wanted to transfer to a closer unit to drill out of; it'll make me asking again easier.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Transporting in (the people's republic of) New Jersey (I know I know)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaulWolf View Post
    This is... asinine. I'm trying to comprehend this and see just how this makes sense. ~snip~.
    Come on, nothing about NJ makes sense, afterall a while back NJ had actually outlawed runny eggs ....

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...6/ai_11851335/

the regulation prohibits restaurants from serving eggs that have not been heated in their entirety to 140 degrees, a temperature that kills the salmonella pathogen. Because the yolks of sunny side up or soft-boiled eggs are not always heated to that threshold, a restaurant could be fined as much as $100 for offering those preparations.

"If it's a runny egg, it may not comply with the state of New Jersey's health regulations,"

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaulWolf View Post
    This is... asinine. I'm trying to comprehend this and see just how this makes sense. The short end of it seems that it's pretty much illegal for anyone to transport a handgun in NJ unless it's for a few very specific purposes. So if you have business in NJ, then you're pretty much screwed. If you have to travel through NJ, then you're screwed unless you detour around the state. I'm glad my CO already asked if I wanted to transfer to a closer unit to drill out of; it'll make me asking again easier.

You can travel THROUGH NJ as an intervening state during an interstate trip if you qualify for Federal protection under FOPA transport (18 USC 926A) [n/a in your case]. NJ cannot be a terminus state, i.e. state of origin or destination.

Other than that, your POSSESSION (and hence transport) while in NJ is illegal unless you have the proper NJ licensure or qualify for one of NJ exemptions as defined in NJS 2C:39-6 [no exemptions or licensure apply to your case].
    IANAL

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    You can travel THROUGH NJ as an intervening state during an interstate trip if you qualify for Federal protection under FOPA transport (18 USC 926A) [n/a in your case]. NJ cannot be a terminus state, i.e. state of origin or destination.

Other than that, your POSSESSION (and hence transport) while in NJ is illegal unless you have the proper NJ licensure or qualify for one of NJ exemptions as defined in NJS 2C:39-6 [no exemptions or licensure apply to your case].
    Roger that. Lesson thoroughly learned: avoid NJ like the plague.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Don't go to NJ. And if you have to drive through there, gas up beforehand so you don't have to stop.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by doubletap99 View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Don't go to NJ. And if you have to drive through there, gas up beforehand so you don't have to stop.
    Gas is about the only thing jersey is good for, on average 20-40 cents a gallon cheaper than in the Philly area.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345