Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC Holster help

Talking CC Holster help

I am 6’ tall and about 290. I have been searching for a holster that I can CC with and it not be obvious. I have a PF9 that I love because of its size but I can seem to find a holster that hides it well. Go figure - smallest gun and I cant hide it. I have a pocket holster but the handle / magazine of the gun is almost always showing. I have a Fobus paddle and it is super obvious. I only use it to OC if I am going fishing or something. I also bought a Blackhawk belt holster that is less obvious but it still pretty noticeable. I’d be willing to try a IWB but they look so uncomfortable to me. If there are any PF9 owners that want to chime in and let me know what you are using, I would be in your debt. Maybe a few of us bigger fellows have some input since we really can’t get a bigger shirt without looking like we are wearing a pup tent??? LOL and Thanks!!!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: CC Holster help

I usually carry my PF9 in a DeSanti Nemesis pocket holster. It usually doesn't stick out of my pocket but it prints pretty bad due to my massive thighs. I tried it in a Kholster but it wasn't very comfortable and still printed badly. For winter, I'm thinking about an ankle holster as I usually carry a gearslinger bag with my G19 in it, so the PF9 is usually my BUG anyways.

(Northampton County)

I have been carrying my PF9 in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster also. It hasn't always been the most comfortable or least obtrusive. I'm 5'7" and overweight. (around the middle)
    With cooler weather here, I use the C21B Fobus beneath a denim over-shirt. Yes true, I also feel that an IWB would be very uncomfortable. A larger hawaiian shirt covered my Fobus held PF9 yesterday.

(Clinton County)

I carry a full sized M & P 40 and I had the same problem. I purchased a Blade Tech IWB holster and I love it. You can tuck your outer shirt in wearing it, an undershirt helps. It is very comfortable and worth checking out. When it gets cooler I sometimes switch to a shoulder holster under a jacket.
    http://www.blade-tech.com/home.php

(York County)

I am close to your size. I don't normally carry my PF9. But when I do these are the holsters I use.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Dauphin County)

I carry mine in a desantis "Tuck This II". I cut out some of the padding from inside the holster to make it a bit slimmer, but it works well other wise.

Here is what I use to carry my PF-9. It's an Old Faithful holster kit (link) that I put together.

(Northampton County)

My holster maker carries a PF9. He can help you. visit his web site

www.jsholsters.com small shop excellent work.
    Teaching people how to shoot safely and accurately for 54 years. www.gunskills.com

I'm 5' 10" & 300lbs. I carry mine all day in a Pro Carry IWB I bought on EBAY. i position it just behind my hip (3:30-4:00). I sometimes forget it's even there. With the exception of my little 85UL, it's the easiest of all my guns to conceal.

Update: Just ordered a Tommy Theis holster. What a great guy to deal with. I'll let everyone know how I like it when it gets here.
    Last edited by huskybiker; December 14th, 2011 at 08:33 PM.

I've gone through a few different holisters now and the latest one is the best by far!!! Anyone with a PF9 needs one of these!!!!

Barsony Black Leather Slide Holster for KEL-TEC PF9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400192841150...84.m1439.l2649

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast