Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LTCF

Default Re: LTCF

but but but... you'd be putting the deputy out of a job :O oh noes.
    i would like to talk to the actual sheriff, my biggest problem is this guy said he didn't know how to do the papers, but knew enough to shoo me away.
    i'll try again next monday. if anything i'll us up all their applications.

thelemite: referring to constitutional carry?
    i'm still trying to figure out how/when we got to this point, where all these BS issues started and why.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    but but but... you'd be putting the deputy out of a job :O oh noes.
    i would like to talk to the actual sheriff, my biggest problem is this guy said he didn't know how to do the papers, but knew enough to shoo me away.
    i'll try again next monday. if anything i'll us up all their applications.

thelemite: referring to constitutional carry?
    i'm still trying to figure out how/when we got to this point, where all these BS issues started and why.
    Pretty much

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    i didnt say it was right, i just said i dont have a problem with it. also, i know someone who lives in indian mountain lakes and its a albrightsville address, but half is monroe and half is carbon. so in order to keep someone from the carbon side from going there, i can see the berkhiemer thing or some tax bill to show you live in the county. when i got mine i talked to him for a little, he wasnt a bad guy and hes not against giving them out at all, there are some bad people in this county that come from other states and i think he just wants to make sure some weekender is not getting a license because the cant get them in NY and NJ...not knocking them people but i dont have a problem with it....is it right no, but i have one and so do you, whats the big deal
    FYI anyone from ANY state with a clean record can get a non-resident PA LTCF to carry in PA and most of the states that recognize the PA LTCF - they're not just for PA residents. This is particularly appealing to NJ and NY residents who have their rights denied. They're not "weekenders" as you refer to them.

Your "no problem" attitude implies that you wouldn't have a problem with LEOs neglecting to get a warrant to make a bust. Sure, the place might be a meth lab so why the need for a warrant? Because LAW IS LAW, that's why and this sheriff is not following the LAW. Period. Not intentionally flaming you but you've been asking for it.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

To get a PA LTCF, a non-resident MUST have a similar license/permit from the state in which they reside... if that state does issue them.

If they do not, they do not qualify for a PA LTCF

and 2 references from monroe county.
    extra money(beyond the regulated fees) to grease palms.
    a sheriff something or other card.
    a highschool diploma, GED's go elsewhere.
    and a partridge in a pear tree.

i think the problem is, they don't want to have to go through the effort to find i'm squeaky clean. for a few bucks.
    everyone that leaves w/o managing to submit an application, is less work. they can go back to staring at the wall.

happy holidays everyone.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by PoconoJo View Post
    FYI anyone from ANY state with a clean record can get a non-resident PA LTCF to carry in PA and most of the states that recognize the PA LTCF - they're not just for PA residents. This is particularly appealing to NJ and NY residents who have their rights denied. They're not "weekenders" as you refer to them.

Your "no problem" attitude implies that you wouldn't have a problem with LEOs neglecting to get a warrant to make a bust. Sure, the place might be a meth lab so why the need for a warrant? Because LAW IS LAW, that's why and this sheriff is not following the LAW. Period. Not intentionally flaming you but you've been asking for it.
    flame all you want, everyone has an opinion and i said mine. i dont care if you like it or not. matter of fact i dont care if anyone likes it. do you think i like every opinion on here? no, i dont. its a forum and you will have 4000 different opinions, and you wont like all of them. if you think that martin is breaking any laws then report him. the problem on here is everyone bitchs, but doesnt have the balls to challenge anything. let me know your results when you file the complaint against the sheriff, i am curious what happens

i personally don't know WHO to file a complaint with.
    i was going to call, Paul K. Anderson
    supervisor firearm admin. 717-346-3091

but it looks like many counties play games with the ltcf forms. i wonder if anyone above county level even gives a damn what they do.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    flame all you want, everyone has an opinion and i said mine. i dont care if you like it or not. matter of fact i dont care if anyone likes it. do you think i like every opinion on here? no, i dont. its a forum and you will have 4000 different opinions, and you wont like all of them. if you think that martin is breaking any laws then report him. the problem on here is everyone bitchs, but doesnt have the balls to challenge anything. let me know your results when you file the complaint against the sheriff, i am curious what happens
    Your post reads as if it's personal for you, friend of the sheriff perhaps?

and to the poster above me, perhaps calling Trooper Anderson and asking why the PSP is letting the Sheriff get away with additional requirements is a good idea? Better yet, you could do it in writing.

Although speaking from my limited contact with his office, I wouldn't expect much. The PSP has a track record of ignoring State law in cohorts with BOTH the Sheriffs Association and other agencies, it's only come back to haunt them in a limited capacity so far.

(Carbon County)

nope, dont know the sheriff, or anyone else. dont know the cops, the politicians or the school teachers.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    i personally don't know WHO to file a complaint with.
    i was going to call, Paul K. Anderson
    supervisor firearm admin. 717-346-3091

but it looks like many counties play games with the ltcf forms. i wonder if anyone above county level even gives a damn what they do.
    Contact your state representative. That is part of what I did and it helped to change his tune. Yes, he was clearly annoyed by that. Yes, his deputy attempted to refuse the application again, but ultimately they gave in and accepted the application and issued the permit.

These games won't stop until individuals push back and let the sheriff know you will not back down.

Maybe one day we may even get to the point where no license is required to exercise your right....maybe.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast