Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Terrible: Wallenpaupack Sport Shop and Northeast Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Come on, how do you not notice people standing behind you for a few minutes? My apologies if I am wrong but it seemed like they were being rude for the sake of it.

Appreciate it Vic, do they have website or full addresses? I would like to look em up.
    Maybe they thought you were waiting to speak with the same guy. Assuming that people should know what you want is a mistake. One of the reasons so many people don't like the majority of the city people that come here is simply because of their great lack of phrases such as "thank you", "excuse me", and "you're welcome". I really hate to say it and I'm not trying to make this a personal thing but it sounds like some of that entitled city "victim mentality" has rubbed off on you. All I can say is it's good that you got out when you did or there may have been no hope!
    Last edited by CHEMICAL; September 24th, 2011 at 09:23 PM.

(Pike County)

For the OP, sorry that you had bad experiances. I have delt with Wallenpaupack and never had a problem.
    As for Northeast I will not go in that place even again.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Maybe they thought you were waiting to speak with the same guy. Assuming that people should know what you want is a mistake. One of the reasons so many people don't like the majority of the city people that come here is simply because of their great lack of phrases such as "thank you", "excuse me", and "you're welcome".
    I guess anything is possible. Funny you mention that, the reason I wanted to leave the city is the lack of manors as I am actually big on that. My mother tells my expectations of people here are too high, she tells me they're still people.

Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post
    For the OP, sorry that you had bad experiances. I have delt with Wallenpaupack and never had a problem.
    As for Northeast I will not go in that place even again.
    Thanks for being understanding, maybe I just had the vast misfortune of dealing with the wrong person.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    I guess anything is possible. Funny you mention that, the reason I wanted to leave the city is the lack of manors as I am actually big on that. My mother tells my expectations of people here are too high, she tells me they're still people.

Thanks for being understanding, maybe I just had the vast misfortune of dealing with the wrong person.
    I'm still glad to hear so many negative things about Northeast....saves me a trip.

(Wayne County)

First off, I'm sorry if you believe that you were treated badly. However, don't guage Pennsylvania by the behavior of people in Pike County and, to some extent, the immediate vicinity of Honesdale. There's so many damn transplants that it may as well be an annex of either NY or NJ.

I've made several purchases from Mark at Wallenpaupack and have never had any real issue.

If you're looking for somewhere else to shop, drive a couple miles west of Wallenpaupack Sport Shop on SR 590 and you'll find the Hemlock Gun shop on the right side of the road. It's small and may or may not have what you want, but they will treat you well. Ask for Lou.

Better still, drive further west on SR 590 to the town of Hamlin. At the intersection of SR 590 and 348 is Hunter's Gallery (Behind Shaffer's Hardware store). They have a nice selection of handguns there and ALWAYS have treated me well. I go out of my way and am willing to pay a little more on occasion just to keep them in business. This place is one of my favorites. Ask for Dennis or Jake. The girls there will treat you well, too, but I can never remember their names.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lehigh County)

About the prejudice thing - do you think it's because of your NY accent? (Do you have one?) I have no idea. Or are you african-american?

(Monroe County)

I just did a NEPA price check and 480 out the door seems unlikely. 480 for the gun(which seems to be in fairly short supply) seems about right. Then add tax and checks and you'll be a tad over 500-520.

(Blair County)

i talked to 3 shops near here prices with tax and pics fees 525- 535.00 two shops didnt have it

(Wyoming County)

I grew up right in the vicinity of the Paupack Gun Store. Then later on in my career it was a part of my jurisdiction for a while. Granted, 40 years ago a New York accent or "attitude" would have gotten you a cold shoulder to say the least in that area. With the influx of folks from the NJ/NY area who are now permanent residents it seems unlikely that the "out of state" issue would have any bearing on attitude from the gun shop. If, at this point, they tried to exist on business from "locals" only they would be locking the doors and out of business in short order.

(Pike County)

Sandcut, thanks for the info on Hunter's, I have not been there, will have to try it out. I also don't mind paying for good service.

I do have to say though that Hemlock is on my do not return list.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast